• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I spent the entirety of the “pandemic” going up and down I-35, stopping at multiple gas stations every day, interacting with people, not wearing a mask, not globing much hands with sanitizer (after the first month or so), interacting with business owners who interacted with 100s of people a day, crammed in a truck with 3 other people who did the same. Hell, I didn’t even wash my hands anymore than I had in the past. It took until about a month ago to finally (probably) catch it when I lost my sense of taste and smell for a while.

That has always caused me to question the claims of how easily Covid will spread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Military Camp

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I spent the entirety of the “pandemic” going up and down I-35, stopping at multiple gas stations every day, interacting with people, not wearing a mask, not globing much hands with sanitizer (after the first month or so), interacting with business owners who interacted with 100s of people a day, crammed in a truck with 3 other people who did the same. Hell, I didn’t even wash my hands anymore than I had in the past. It took until about a month ago to finally (probably) catch it when I lost my sense of taste and smell for a while.

That has always caused me to question the claims of how easily Covid will spread.

I actually believe in the method of hand washing. I constantly wash my hands after getting a staph infection and blood poisoning from cuts on my hands. So I constantly wash my hands now.

And just regular soap and water is all that is really needed. The hand sanitizer, I can see as being useful when running water and soap are not available and probably better than nothing.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas

I'm in the same boat except traveling nationwide. My routine hasn't changed much over the last two years.

Haven't lost my sense of taste or smell though.

Did have a dry cough in March 2020 for a few weeks. Other little concerns since then but never enough to see a doctor about. Probably have went through all 37 variants already and been mostly symptom free.

I don't trust what they're telling us, don't trust the .gov in general, and sure don't trust big pharma.

I know enough doctors and nurses to have a whole different view of this Dem-panic than what you see and hear about from the MSM.

I believe Covid is real, I believe there are many that should really be protecting themselves, but I also believe we have done many things wrong to fight it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I actually believe in the method of hand washing. I constantly wash my hands after getting a staph infection and blood poisoning from cuts on my hands. So I constantly wash my hands now.

And just regular soap and water is all that is really needed. The hand sanitizer, I can see as being useful when running water and soap are not available and probably better than nothing.
    I see a problem in the fact that we must sanitize everything, distance ourselves and try not to breath where anyone may have exhaled. That's not how the human body's immune system works. Certainly I understand distancing from someone who is obviously sick, and possibly sanitize what they may have touched, but what I have been taught and warned in the past was that you can do yourself harm if you over sanitize yourself.

As you said, I mainly use regular soap and water, and sparingly sanitize.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I think I caught it again 2wks ago didn't get tested because it is my second time I think vicks mucinex and a day off I'm good.
    So I'm going to take my chances.

I already told you about my condition I'm still standing.. the lord is not ready for me yet so imma keep trucking

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I see a problem in the fact that we must sanitize everything, distance ourselves and try not to breath where anyone may have exhaled. That's not how the human body's immune system works. Certainly I understand distancing from someone who is obviously sick, and possibly sanitize what they may have touched, but what I have been taught and warned in the past was that you can do yourself harm if you over sanitize yourself.

As you said, I mainly use regular soap and water, and sparingly sanitize.
    I understand what you're saying. And no, I don't believe in over-sanitizing things either.

The hand washing, is something I do believe in. Working with my hands a lot, they end up very dirty and greasy, and end up with cuts on them from working with tools and other things. That was how I ended up with a staph infection and blood poisoning. It almost killed me, and I spent almost a week in the hospital. Not fun.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I understand what you're saying. And no, I don't believe in over-sanitizing things either.

The hand washing, is something I do believe in. Working with my hands a lot, they end up very dirty and greasy, and end up with cuts on them from working with tools and other things. That was how I ended up with a staph infection and blood poisoning. It almost killed me, and I spent almost a week in the hospital. Not fun.
    Good thing us welders never get dirty.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Good thing us welders never get dirty.
    shout out.jpg

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I talk to my students about stick welding stainless steel that since has been deemed cancer causing. I then say "good thing I'm grandfathered in, it would kill you".
    And if you didn't have kids like that the world would be in bad shape.
    These people don't truly understand what it takes to make the world move.
    Dirty people like you and me and us. Did they care about us when we were locked down?
    We still were out there doing what we do

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Trust the science... except scientists don't all agree

Trust the doctors.... except the doctors don't all agree

Trust the politicians... no chance in hell

Trust the media... the 4th branch of government? No thanks.

Trust your gut. Ultimately you can only trust in yourself and God, if you believe in him. Do what you think is right for you & yours, and let others do the same. Don't be cajoled or shamed into a decision you wouldn't otherwise make. And I'll pray for all that get it, you don't wind up as a worst case report to VAERS.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    And if you didn't have kids like that the world would be in bad shape.
    These people don't truly understand what it takes to make the world move.
    Dirty people like you and me and us. Did they care about us when we were locked down?
    We still were out there doing what we do
    The problem with the younger generations that I see is that it's believed that you should go through life without being hurt physically and mentally. We're raising a bunch of marshmellows.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Diablo4151
    Top Bottom