JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    That's like posting up a Mercedes, a Range Rover and a Sequoia. :p

What's the gun going to be for?

BTW, I don't think I'd include the Crimson Carry in the choices with a Raptor and a Covert. First and foremost, I don't want a gun with a laser sight companies name on the side of the slide and plastic CT grips.

If it's for carry, and you're gonna carry a 5" 1911, I'd be looking only at the SS Raptor simply from a wear standpoint. Other than than, it's all about the bling. A Custom II will shoot just as well, which is likely a lot better than you or I can shoot, and for half the price.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Well, I made my decision, and it is this one, Para-Ord SSP single stack, its coming to me for a heck of a deal, and still leaving me enough coin for some "extras".....After much thought I had decided on the stainless raptor, but couldnt bring myself to do it, this is going to be a carry gun, and I figure I would dang near lose my mind with the first scratch on the raptor... maybe tax time I will pick one up for the safe...
    yhst-93707686396123_2016_3324473.jpg

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    The Raptor is designed as a SD/Carry gun and SD/Carry guns get scratched so I don't see the problem. All of my guns have wear marks or scratches on them. It comes with the territory of using them.

Just my

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I guess to me, with my financial situation right now,it is just too damn sexy to worry about, I will add one, just not right now...

Mark F

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Well, I made my decision, and it is this one, Para-Ord SSP single stack, its coming to me for a heck of a deal, and still leaving me enough coin for some "extras".....After much thought I had decided on the stainless raptor, but couldnt bring myself to do it, this is going to be a carry gun, and I figure I would dang near lose my mind with the first scratch on the raptor... maybe tax time I will pick one up for the safe...
    yhst-93707686396123_2016_3324473.jpg

That's a big CARRY gun. I think you'll get tired of trying to conceal it... I have attempted to conceal a P345, which is smaller & lighter than your choice and I'm having second thoughts about it for my primary carry.

Attachments

• P345z.jpg
      P345z.jpg
      49 KB · Views: 145

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    The thought crossed my mind, and well, I am not exactly a "small" guy.... the 1911 shape and dimensions lend rather well to concealed carry. Also, like a my wife and her shoes, have a different "flavor" for different situations..... this will be my large caliber/frame carry and probably transition to my duty weapon when I am done in the military and move to the law enforcement side of the house..

Top Bottom