DK Firearms

Decking out a firearm before you even get it....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I can't be the only one that gets accessories for a firearm before getting the firearm itself....right? Tell me I'm not crazy (as my gf put it). Over the past couple of weeks I've been buying stuff for a Ruger Charger that I'm not even picking up from my FFL till tomorrow. So far I got and tuned an older metal trigger guard with all Power Custom internals that breaks clean at 1.5 lbs, a 8" heavy thread barrel (plan on starting a From 4 for a SWR Warlock this month), buffer and Bushnell red dot scope.

BTW: What else do I need for the Charger?

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Hey, If you know what you want and that it will fit. Have some fun.
    I had a set of grips waiting for a pistol once.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Guess I'm crazy too.I still have parts and accessories for guns that have been gone for years.I buy stuff for for future guns all the time.

Bounty Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Hotyinak... thanks for the good laugh! It's refreshing to know there are other guys out there, like myself, who have purchased accessories for guns they didn't own!! Not long ago, I was in the market for a Glock 27 to carry. Before I bought one, I already had purchased 4 mags with extensions, many boxes of Gold Dots and a IWB holster for it. A month later they were all properly introduced!

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Honestly, I haven't even had time to take it out and zero it yet...working alot of doubles last week and this week. :( Hopefully, I'll be able to try it out soon though.

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have made plans like that as well. LOL

I still have to get a Buckmark to go with my Tac Sol bbl etc.....

Joat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    I can relate and sympathize with this condition. Unfortunately I too have been known to do this. I have even been known to buy a gun specifically because I have the accessories in my possession. Trades that include unrelated "boot" have cost me more than the trade was worth.

Joat
    (don't even get me started on buying guns to go with the ammo that I have, and nothing to shoot it out of)

Top Bottom