• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pick what you wear to hunt deer, multiple choice

• Full ghillie suit. I am invisible to all!

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Business casual, I took off at lunch to get in an afternoon hunt

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Stand, blue jeans and a t shirt, on the ground I wear my old ACUs(patches removed of course)

Blue stands out to deer like blaze orange does to us, orange however looks very dull.

Any brighteners in detergents will increase UV reflectivity of your clothing which will make you stand out to a deers vision also, much like the orange does the way we see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    Yes I hunt in a Hawaiian shirt. I tend to do better than most when it comes to spot and stalk, so I dont think color matters as much as simply breaking up your silhouette.

brittani555

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Austin
    where is the cute pink camo outfit... with pink camo boots... and pink camo survival pack... with matching hat : > ... because i woulda checked that one.. instead I will vote on my favorite hunting outfit for the hubby : >

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Nothing in the poll fit. I wear what ever was on clearence at the end of the season the year before (matching my surroundings and the weather of course).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    You could wear a snow white Halloween costume hunting deer. It still wouldnt matter.

As long as your quite and down wind....you can almost slap it on it's ass.

If you still want to camo up....dress up like a deer feeder. It's perfect. Wear a bucket on you head. Make a buzzing sound as you throw corn out. They'll never see you coming.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    When I used to deer hunt, I wore whatever. Many times I have just sat on an old tree log or rock and smoked a cigarette and have had deer walk within 10'.
    You just have to sit still and not make sudden movements.
    I get a real laugh out of guys that buy all the masking odors and pea in a bottle, ect.
    Maybe the deer like how I smell

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The deer don't care, and they're color blind. I was wearing head-to-toe bright orange when my skittish, heavily hunted 8 point Michigan whitetail stood there 10 yards away, not noticing me, even though I was sitting pretty much in the open at ground level. Looked right at me several times. As long as you don't move, they can't see you.

Orange does a good job of making sure you don't get shot, though...

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    Is there a reason you did not have an option for orange speedo, combat boots and camo body paint???

I really have never thought about wearing a speedo, ever. But now that I think about it, thats a heck of a good idea. I will post pictures from my next hunt..... So where does one buy a orange speedo?

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I really have never thought about wearing a speedo, ever. But now that I think about it, thats a heck of a good idea. I will post pictures from my next hunt..... So where does one buy a orange speedo?

Think to yourself, Do I really want to click the link below????
    https://www.google.com/search?q=orange+speedo&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=bg&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvnsfd&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=yhQrUMvMN4KC8ASDiICwAQ&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=1049

Top Bottom