• ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    That's what passes for a man where he comes from?
    Coward that don't deserve air. DAMN I hate people like that.

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    4006419_G.jpg

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Lots of sign and body language as soon as he entered the store. Call me paranoid but really a lot of times I have seen ghettos like this and my hand automatically goes to my 8 (yeah I am lefty)

Savage805

blueberry in tomato soup
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    paradise, ATX
    Having your hand on your gun would not have kept you from getting punched.

Google OODA. Action always beats reaction. Distance = time.

Not necessarily true. Not looking like a easy victim will keep you from being victimized. I speak from personal experience. When the stakes are raised a criminal will reevaluate the intended crime. Although I do agree with your point on reaction time.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Google OODA. Action always beats reaction. Distance = time.

Yep. There really is no defense against such a sudden and cowardly attack outside of awareness and action.

Time is survival.

Situational awareness is key. Observation is knowledge. Distance is observation. Distance creates time to process and act.

However, there are violent attacks that occur to even the most cautious among us to which there really is no defense that I can see.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    No defense against such a sucker punch\surprise attack. Sometimes you just roll with it and get out alive.

At 16 I got robbed at gunpoint behind the counter. I was with my manager. Guy asked for change, my manager popped the drawer. The guy pulled a gun and asked for the rest.

Nothing we could do. I reached for my knife that I normally pocket carried and had left it at home.(good thing I almost took a knife to the gun fight) Manger gave him the money and he left.(Manager was former navy) I stupidly went after him for a bit but realized after a few steps he had a gun and I didn't. Most frustrating experience ever. I went in back and pounded some garbage bins to help get rid of the adrenaline dump.

I do agree with above. The place was, like my restaurant, designed to make it easy for this to happen.

When the POS system allows the cash register to be located at the back of the store that's a good thing.

Last edited:

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Wonder how many times that pos has had the revolving door of our "legal" system hit him where the good lord split him?

Top Bottom