• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    1st off that feller is just a piece of garbage that needs to be taken out and executed in the middle of the street! This makes me sick to my stomach every time I see it.

The only way (well one way) to keep this from happening is to have the entire counter enclosed with heavy glass, like a booth. It sucks to have to "cage up" an employee, but it beats having this happen........Good Lord this brings out my inner demons...:banghead:
    I don't use the word "hate" much, because I feel it is a powerful word, but I hate the fact that stuff like this makes me have the nasty, morbid thoughts that I do.

Last edited:

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    If I had one "superpower", it would be the ability to round up ALL scum like this, and make them suffer in ways where they were all begging for the sweet release of death....I'd stare into their eyes and watch as their souls are scarred and what little humanity they have in them slowly slip away until they were just empty piles of breathing flesh!

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    It's pretty disgusting, and some of the comments are just as bad,

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"

NOLA Jack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    That's why I keep the hands at least at low chest height and watch for loading. That transfer of weight is an obvious sign of a sucker punch.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Can't say I would have been prepared for the punch, but it illustrates perfectly why we should always be prepared with a rebuttal.

What a POS.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Gotcha.

I pictured someone walking around like they had poo in their hands.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    As disturbing as the video is on one level it is a "good" video in the regard it shows how fast and unexpected a predator can act.
    Learn from that.
    Reaction speed defending against such is unpossible for most. Heck, I'd of laid there and bled just like the woman did.
    If you've ever had the sense knocked out of you like her you'd understand.
    The Sucker Punch from Nowhere is a tough one to defend against.

The take away from this(for me anyway) is distance. Distance is your friend.
    If she had used a weapon on him when he walked around the counter towards her, she would of been 110% justified to use deadly force IMO.

ElevenBravo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Guy gave some obvious signs that he was not there to purchase a new data plan, but I'm not expecting everyone to be combat hardened martial artists. The layout of the store makes it easier for a guy like this to conduct a robbery. A few changes would have to make him work for it a little more, but you can't eliminate the risk without encasing the employees behind 6 inches of bulletproof glass, which most stores would be loathe to do.

First mistake is that the girl is in the front all by herself with nobody else to support her. Where was Crystal? Second mistake is that she pressed right up against the edge of the counter, putting herself in striking range of the assailant. I'm not going to fault her for missing the tells that she was about to be assaulted, but it's a simple matter of staying a step or two away from the edge of the counter. One shouldn't have to learn Krav Maga to work at a phone store, but it surely helps.

Going back to the original question, as how to defend against such an attack- surprise haymakers like this are difficult to defend against unless you are aware and trained. Had the woman been able to either block, dodge or the haymaker failed to drop her like it did, there's a good chance that the attacker would have turned tail and run as he would now be facing an aware and actively defending opponent. Attacks like this depend on surprise and violence of action to take the will to fight out of the victim and assure compliance.

I'm not going to go Keyboard Kommando and claim that as someone who knows Krav Maga, I'd simply do this or that, trap and break the guys arm or put him in a rear naked choke until the cops arrive. The first goal in a fight is to survive the encounter, which is what she did. Hopefully she learned a valuable lesson and sought training after this.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    As disturbing as the video is on one level it is a "good" video in the regard it shows how fast and unexpected a predator can act.
    Learn from that.
    Reaction speed defending against such is unpossible for most. Heck, I'd of laid there and bled just like the woman did.
    If you've ever had the sense knocked out of you like her you'd understand.
    The Sucker Punch from Nowhere is a tough one to defend against.

The take away from this(for me anyway) is distance. Distance is your friend.
    If she had used a weapon on him when he walked around the counter towards her, she would of been 110% justified to use deadly force IMO.

That was my thought. When he leaned over her my mind flashed as "do it now!". Any thing could have happened at that point.

I have been knocked senseless and it sucks, the important thing is having a simple plan. Stay alive.

Top Bottom