• ...and so much more!
  • TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    While I agree that it is not in our best interest to get directly involved, the US at the time should not have offered to "protect" them if they agree to give up their nuclear weapons. Because of this situation, the Ukrainians feel betrayed. We had no business doing that but it was done. It was foolish for us to do that and it was naive for them to agree to go through with the disarmament.
    Do we really want the world to think it is foolish to trust us?

Our politicians have no problem dividing & stealing from us but they have no desire to stand by our word. Lovely.
    Lynx Defense

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    I worry about Biden doing something stupid.....like getting us involved in Ukraine......

What better to distract us from all his other failures?

I know, it's stupid to think he would get us involved.....but his Administration is becoming desperate to find something they can cling to...........

....and desperate people do stupid shit............
    remember when clinton bombed crumbling yugoslavia? the serbs remember.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Correct,

BUT,

The "USSR" was disbanded some 25 or 30 years ago and modern Russian leaders are all Christians today.

It has been quite a while since anyone over there provoked or threatened us.

We need to let the sleeping bear alone. . . . . . The regime in Kiev are the Bad Guys here, and we KNOW it.

leVieux
    Say what???

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    While I agree that it is not in our best interest to get directly involved, the US at the time should not have offered to "protect" them if they agree to give up their nuclear weapons. Because of this situation, the Ukrainians feel betrayed. We had no business doing that but it was done. It was foolish for us to do that and it was naive for them to agree to go through with the disarmament.
    I don't recall hearing a single person say at the time that leaving Ukraine with nukes was a good idea. Is anyone here old enough to recall what the situation was at that time?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Getting involved in another global conflict may not be in America's best interests, but if we made promises, or obligations to another nation as means of negotiating certain agreements made, then we do need to honor them. Sometimes, things need to be done, simply because they are the right thing to do.

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    I wonder if we got into it with the Ruskies and needed fresh war supplies (tanks, ships and the like) if we have enough credit left with the Chinese where we could buy this stuff.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Kenny.jpg

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    It’s an E6.

(My poor Army!)

But really nothing that surprises me. I’ve long maintained that in a true SHTF scenario, both the military and LE would likely be “split down the middle” as to their loyalties. IMHO YMMV

Top Bottom