• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamocity

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    San Antonio, Republic of Texas
    I closed the prior post so I could retake pics.

For sale is a very hard to find Saiga AK built by Definitive Arms as an AK103. This is a 7.62x39 Izhevsk Saiga converted by DA with a shortened barrel and pinned muzzle device in the 103u configuration.
    This is a 2013 build that I have owned since 2016.

These were well built by DA, and if you know anything about this shop, they don't produce volume but make high quality guns. This Ak103 features some extra finishing to slick up the action including smoothed and polished FCG and bolt, bolt carrier. Other contact points on the receiver are also polished. It is buttery smooth in operation.

The shortened barrel of the 103u design gives it a really nice feel and balancing without sacrificing the sight picture distance. The muzzle device is pinned to meet OAL requirements for a rifle.

This is a Russian Izhevsk Saiga manufactured AK with the exception of the selector which is an aftermarket Krebs with bolt hold open, put on by DA. Furniture is a black Arsenal set made in the US and marked as such.
    Includes a modified rod that is a little beat up on the thread end. Otherwise fits ok and make the profile look better.

The rifle finish is a very durable black coating in VG condition with almost no wear. Far superior to Arsenal factory finish, for comparison.
    The chrome lined bore is bright and shiny with strong lands.
    I have put only about 200 rounds through this since 2016.

You can find other Definitive Arms quality AKs (similar to Krebs), but not likely a Saiga. DA focussed on quality over quantity and just didn't produce that many of these before importing of Saiga's stopped. The Saiga's by DA are nearly unicorns. Don't miss this one!

https://ibb.co/album/kLAPfa

Asking $1875 plus shipping to FFL 01, CONUS.

I'll take any other pics you want. I'm happy to talk directly by cell. PM me with any requests.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom