Patriot Mobile

Defunding Police in Austin Works! Social workers respond to shooting (not)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Need a good Judge...Bean, comes to mind...

1624502137847.png
    Lynx Defense

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    The Travis County DA, Mr. Garza, has dropped all charge against both these guys, despite them seemingly being actively involves in a running gun battle. I *think* the 3rd suspect is believed to have fired the shot that killed the one person who died so they figured they could let the rest off.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    Cocksucker is seriously making it hard for y’all to do more than smile and wave

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    The Travis County DA, Mr. Garza, has dropped all charge against both these guys, despite them seemingly being actively involves in a running gun battle. I *think* the 3rd suspect is believed to have fired the shot that killed the one person who died so they figured they could let the rest off.

WTF?! Need some details on why the charges were dropped. We’re they legally defending themselves from the third guy? Not sure how a 17 YO can be in legal possession of a handgun.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Heard about that yesterday. Gotta he a morale killer.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    WTF?! Need some details on why the charges were dropped. We’re they legally defending themselves from the third guy? Not sure how a 17 YO can be in legal possession of a handgun.
    The moron leftist commie bastard DA said that they did not shoot anybody that night and they are good boys so they can go home.
    The APD chief protested that they are still felons and broke the law but he has no say in this, he's just a pawn in the communists' game.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Best part about this whole mass shooting is the invisible media hypocrisy.
    The initial reports called it just that, "mass shooting".
    Once they realized the shooters weren't white, it became a "shooting".
    Had the suspect been white, you bet your bippy that it would be escalated to "domestic terrorism".
    Nowadays, the newest watered-down label for this shooting is something in the line of "unfortunate incident involving firearms".
    Austin is a swamp of leftists and I don't think it can be saved.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Cocksucker is seriously making it hard for y’all to do more than smile and wave
    He ran on this platform and made no secret how he was going to run his office.

The citizens of Travis County are getting what they voted for. The citizens determine what they want police to do in their community and sadly, they want to sit and wave.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

The citizens of Travis County are getting what they voted for. The citizens determine what they want police to do in their community and sadly, they want to sit and wave.

Yeah, but I am sure they didn’t believe it would extend to aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Yeah, but I am sure they didn’t believe it would extend to aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
    I am interested in NYC and whether they pick a communist DA or go for law and order. The biggest police department in the country in the largest city in the US. How bad can it get?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

I have to agree. It must be a real let down to arrest someone for a violent criminal act, only to have the prosecutor turn them loose and dropping the charges.

I fully understand that you and your fellow officers are being stabbed in the back with such behavior.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Got a neighbor (foreigner ) just got transferred to Austin, probably works for the Gov. LOL.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I have to agree. It must be a real let down to arrest someone for a violent criminal act, only to have the prosecutor turn them loose and dropping the charges.

I fully understand that you and your fellow officers are being stabbed in the back with such behavior.
    They in many cases won't even allow us to present PC to a judge as required by CCP...

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    One other problem I can see as well with the prosecutor acting in such a way, is not only the morale among existing LE officers in the Austin area, but in the recruitment of new officers to the Austin area.

Where is the incentive to risk a person's life and safety, apprehending criminals, when the criminal is set free and charges dropped before the ink has dried on the arrest report?

Frankly, I am not seeing any incentive.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    One other problem I can see as well with the prosecutor acting in such a way, is not only the morale among existing LE officers in the Austin area, but in the recruitment of new officers to the Austin area.

Where is the incentive to risk a person's life and safety, apprehending criminals, when the criminal is set free and charges dropped before the ink has dried on the arrest report?

Frankly, I am not seeing any incentive.
    Which is why almost 200 officer left the dept in 2020 and why we are on track to beat that this year.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

Observe and report, and have your reports ignored by your superiors.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    Got a neighbor (foreigner ) just got transferred to Austin, probably works for the Gov. LOL.
    When I was Army contractor at Lake City almost all ARDEC and other rank and file were English as a Second Language. Supervisors mostly Euro-Americans. Think it was a citizenship thing as pay was pretty poor and raises worse.

Top Bottom