• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Houston Texas
    I went to bass pro shop today to pick up a 10-22 they had on sale, I said I'd buy it, filled out the paperwork and the cashier went to call it in, when he returned he said that they delayed the purchase untill the 12th, why would that be?

Thanks for any insite,
    Robert
    Gun Zone Deals

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    A delay can be caused through NICS for any number of reasons. With the weather as bad as it is in the East, there just flat may be no one to run checks today.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Houston Texas
    alright well that makes sence, i didnt know what to think when he said i couldnt buy it then and there, cause ive never had any problems before and this just kinda caught me off guard.

Rabies

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Texas
    I got delayed on a handgun at a guns show this weekend. Lots of other people got approved. Lets us watch what happens with each other.

Rabies

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Texas
    HA! No sooner did I post that, sitting here all butt hurt about it, I got a call from the gun shop I bought from at the gun show. APPROVED! Hell yeah! And rightfully so, I must say.

Now, privacy acts being what they are, NICS did not tell the gun shop why I was delayed. That little mystery is still for me to investigate.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Here is some info that may help you http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/gun-legislation/13312-nics-vaf-upin.html#post144794

OK. I'm gonna quit running around the forum squealing like a little girl with a new dollie now. Until I get back from the rang with my new Sigma. Then, SQEEEEEEEEEEEEE! all over again. Y'all know how it is.

What were the Sigmas going for at the gun show? Academy has them for $299 right now + $50 S&W rebate. Sigmas aren't my very favorite but for $250 I may get one. I have had them in the past and they weren't too bad

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    If you have a valid Texas CHL, when you purchase a firearm from an FFLin Texas you still fill out the 4473, but the dealer does not call NICS. Your Texas CHL is evidence you are clear.

Rabies

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Texas
    What were the Sigmas going for at the gun show? Academy has them for $299 right now + $50 S&W rebate. Sigmas aren't my very favorite but for $250 I may get one. I have had them in the past and they weren't too bad

A sure fire way to get a lower price on something is to have me buy it first. I watched that gun sell for $319 for over a month. I paid $319. Academy now has it for $299.

The $50 S&W rebate is still on. My gun was made in 2009 and did not come with a rebate card. You can download the 2010 rebate card here http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/other/promos/SW_Sigma_Deal_Rebate_2010.pdf If you don't take the $50 you can get two 10 or two 16 round magazines.

The gun comes with two 16 round magazines, a lock, owners manual, product registration card, NRA enrollment form and the spent brass from the test fired round all in a hard plastic case with foam liner.

SeanR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Denton
    I've been delayed on the last two purchases of long guns, for no apparent reason. My name is unique so I'm going to use me SSN for the next one. The only thing I can think of is the one other person with my same name is a douchenozzel and has been in trouble with the law.

Top Bottom