• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    Since the gun classifieds are now closed, can the content now be deleted or blocked from web searches? I received an email thru TGT from a member with no activity asking about items I had posted in the gun classifieds. Seems like now that we aren't using them and can't mark them as sold(or delete it entirely), there is no reason for my ad to remain perpetually accessible through web searches.

Can an admin delete the contents of my ad? Ya'll have no problem editing my posts to scared 60yr old men, so it shouldn't be too hard.;)
    ARJ Defense ad

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Think the "tude" is rude.Texas1911 handled this properly and we all knew what was going to happen.Last comment was uncalled for.

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    Texas1911:
    I don't know what attitude you were referring to, sorry if you drew that from my post. When I posted that question I was annoyed at being contacted by a member who doesn't have a single post here. He just used the site to contact me after using google to search our closed classifieds. That was the source and subject of any "attitude."

I just didn't want my ad up permanently and I hadn't seen the problem addressed anywhere else. JKTex did, but I couldn't find the thread he was talking about. All I found were threads complaining that the classifieds were gone, nothing about the content being permenatly deleted or blocked. Guess I missed it, my bad.

If it's my last sentence you were referencing, well it was a joke. Hence the little winking smiley thingy. Relax.

mac79912:
    I'm not really sure what you are talking about. "Texas1911 handled this properly and we all knew what was going to happen." I agree it was proper to delete the classifieds after they were closed. That is what I hoped would happen. I didn't even get a chance to disagree with that anyways, so I don't know why you would imply that I did. And like I said above, I didn't know this was going to happen. Thought this was the first time the problem of the closed classifieds still being viewed through deliberate web searches was brought up. Sorry if I missed it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom