• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hollman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Dellas
    Hey folks. Want to come to Dallas this weekend. This is going to be my first time tho. Is there anywhere I can shoot ?? Really want to try the woods
    Military Camp

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Really want to try the woods
    Five things:
    1. If by "woods" you mean "public land", understand that there's very little of that in Texas. Very little. The places where you can just pull off the road and toodle down a dirt road under a bridge to a wide spot that's technically public land and it's legal to shoot are so few and isolated that they're mostly known only to the locals.
    2. Dallas is a really big place. The land area of the metroplex is roughly one quarter the size of the state of Kentucky. If you want real advice, you need to be a lot more specific about where you'll be located.
    3. You really don't want to drive in Dallas for the next few days. I know I'm late answering your question but I hope you saw the weather and postponed your plans.
    4. If you continue to use a VPN that frequently makes it look like you're in Africa, you may run afoul of some of the spam filtering on the board, and
    5. Welcome to TGT.

GP40X

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    League City, TX
    I used to live in Fort Worth and other than a LGR, I don't know of any public lands and it is illegal to diascharge a weapon anywhere in Fort Worth or Dallas within city limits. Land that I used to hunt on on the west side of Fort Worth when I was a kid (1960's) will now get you as ticket or a trip to the hoosegow if you are caught shooting or hunting on it.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    I used to do a lot of hunting and shooting in the Dallas area in the 70’s. Unfortunately that is now Valley Ranch.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Let me guess - English is a second language for you or barring that hypothesis, you're 'over-bonged'...p.s. it's illegal to smoke that stuff in Texas so be vewy, vewy kare-ful bunny wabbit...

Top Bottom