• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Not like it's something new, and I've hated every time I've flown with them. Maybe next time we go international, SW will go to Rome.

A 15 minute delay in departure led to a 90 minute wait on the runway after an 11 hour flight, led to a missed connection. (The only other delta flight that wasn't delayed). Feel Lucky to slept in a motel and not be part of the crowds of people waiting at gates, waiting for pilots.

Btw, if the plane is there, and they have no pilots, Delta won't cancel, they will delay the flight time every 30 minutes until they get a pilot. Saw people waiting this am for flights scheduled for 830pm last night.

Lots of PO'd people.

I really hope hope our flight to Austin isn't screwed up. Our bag trackers shows one bag in Austin, one in Atlanta.

Rant over. BTW Italy is fun. It appears their military carry HK 433s. They look cool, but I was surprised how many troops I saw.
    Lynx Defense

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Fly much? Sh*t happens. Bad weather or mechanical problems somewhere else can affect your good weather location. Crews gotta get there also to fly their next plane.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Fly much? Sh*t happens. Bad weather or mechanical problems somewhere else can affect your good weather location. Crews gotta get there also to fly their next plane.

You forgot to include crew rest as another factor that may impact one's travel!

I usually fly 2-4 times a month, much of that overseas, and the on thing I've learned after doing so for over six years now is to relax and try to take things in stride. Don't sweat what you can't control, and always helps to have a back-up plan. I never travel without a change of clothes and toiletries in my carry-on. I also bring snacks with me along with something to drink.

I also recommend downloading all the airline, hotel and rental car apps to your phone. Many times you can get better info from them than the ticket desk!

As Japeth from Hoodwinked said, be prepared!

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I usually fly 2-4 times a month, much of that overseas, and the on thing I've learned after doing so for over six years now is to relax and try to take things in stride. Don't sweat what you can't control, and always helps to have a back-up plan. I never travel without a change of clothes and toiletries in my carry-on. I also bring snacks with me along with something to drink.

I have lifetime elite status on 2 US carriers. Now that I am retired I don't fly as much but still average 4 to 6 flight segments per month. It is frustrating when you draw the black bean but it is going to happen to somebody every day. Delta flys about 8,000 flight segments per day. A 1% problem rate (weather, mechanical, crew, whatever) is still 80 segments per day somewhere.

Top Bottom