• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It seems to me, they still anticipate noncompliance from some government entities. Look at the bottom of the actual bill and you’ll see where they try to offer some positive “incentives” for obeying the law! [Preferential treatment for issuing grant monies]
    That kind of goes along with the thinking of paying lawsuits to people that are not supposed to be in this country in the first place. What ever happened to firing people that don't do their job?
    DK Firearms

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    It seems to me, they still anticipate noncompliance from some government entities. Look at the bottom of the actual bill and you’ll see where they try to offer some positive “incentives” for obeying the law!
    And penalties for not obeying, but not nearly harsh enough, IMO.

GeorgeandSugar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2017
    Como
    It seems to me, they still anticipate noncompliance from some government entities. Look at the bottom of the actual bill and you’ll see where they try to offer some positive “incentives” for obeying the law! [Preferential treatment for issuing grant monies]

That's the sad part about this thread we have been discussing. All this jumping up and down when a shooting happens and the call for more control laws and yet, as pointed out by forum members, laws not adequately implemented and enforced and the result now are incentives to get these folks to do their job in the first place. I get it and perhaps this will strengthen enforcement, but it gets old and tiresome. The libtards are always bashing the pro-2A community. Have you ever heard a politician stand-up and admit their legislation turned to law simply failed and "we" the politician are to blame? Nope. In too much hurry to get something passed without considering the effectiveness or all the various moving parts for it to be effective. Hence, just who is going to execute the law and who will be accountable? You simply cannot rely on other people for your own personal safety and the part that the libtards don't get and why law-abiding citizens carry in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    This is from Gun Owners of Amercia

Gun Owners of America urges Congress to defeat the Feinstein-Murphy-Cuellar bill

Now, for the bad news. The anti-gun "Fix NICS" bill is also being marked up on Wednesday in the Judiciary Committee.

Gun Owners of America has urged Republicans in both chambers to defeat the legislation, which in the Senate is being cosponsored by anti-gun Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Chris Murphy (D-CT).
    SCREEEEEEEEECH.jpg

The House bill, H.R. 4434, is sponsored by anti-gun Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-TX) and Rep. John Culberson (R-TX).

The main focus of this legislation is to make sure that no "bad apples" slip through the cracks to purchase firearms.

Of course, the problem is that real criminals will steal their guns or use fake IDs or straw purchasers to get weapons -- even while decent Americans (who should NOT be in NICS) keep getting denied.

The NICS Improvement Amendments Act of 2007 mandated that any American can be stripped of their Second Amendment rights without due process, under certain conditions.

That's why more than 257,000 military veterans have been added into the NICS system. It's because they had a family member appointed to handle their financial affairs -- and that has resulted in their being classified as "mental defectives."

Of course, most of these veterans were suffering with maladies such as PTSD that resulted from their combat experiences.
    fIxNiCsSaVeSlIvEs.png

We believe this anti-gun legislation (H.R. 4434 and S. 2135) would mandate that the rolls of programs like Social Security (old age), Medicare, Medicaid, ObamaCare, S-CHIP, and perhaps even SSI disability be trolled for persons with the same conditions as those military veterans. Not only that, the 50 states will probably have to turn over medical marijuana records.

And, although there is a "theoretical" right to get a hearing prior to losing your guns, GOA hears, almost daily, from law-abiding Americans who don't have the thousands of dollars necessary to mount such a challenge.

Are You a Fugitive From Justice?

Finally, thousands upon thousands of additional (innocent) Americans could be sent to NICS as part of the "fugitives from justice" category.

Sure, that category sounds ominous -- until you consider that a "fugitive from justice" can simply be a person who doesn't pay a parking or speeding ticket incurred while on vacation. When that person fails to pay his ticket or appear in court, a bench warrant is often issued for their arrest -- and, presto, they have now become a "fugitive from justice."

So if that's you -- and if they start culling these records by the hundreds of thousands and sending them to NICS -- you can probably say goodbye to your gun rights.

Oh, one last thing. The committee version of the anti-gun "Fix NICS" bill -- that will be marked up on Wednesday -- will mandate a study on the use of bump stocks in crime. To our knowledge, there is only one case of this, but no doubt, gun haters want this study to become a first step toward banning ANYTHING that increases the rate of fire of a weapon -- including certain types of triggers, hammers or magazines.

Again, this bill is coming to a vote in the House Judiciary Committee tomorrow (Wednesday).

GeorgeandSugar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2017
    Como
    This bill is no good. This is going well beyond what was suggested by Senator Cornyn earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I got that same GOA email and took action on it (to include making their suggested phone call to my House Member). I did notice the GOA’s email dropped Sen. Cornyn’s name from the Bill but he’s still listed as it’s author at the ‘Congress.gov’ website.
    On the surface, the Bill appears to be a decent attempt to tighten up the NICS. However it is poorly written and has way too much potential for abuse (as GOA points out) through loopholes that are not adequately addressed. I’m sure that’s why Dianne Feinstein is salivating at the prospect of its passage. I would encourage everyone to fire off an email to both their Senators opposing S.2135 and to their House Member opposing HB 4434.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Feinstein isnsalivating at the chance to get ANY gun legislation passed. She's gotten so many kicks in the dust box with her failed anti gun BS she'd probably crawl under Trumps desk to get a bill signed.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Younggun,

I expect that you're correct. = Feinstein is a LYING SWINE, who is unfit to run for dogcatcher.

yours, satx

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I called Culberson's office on Wednesday morning to urge passage of HR38 but further urged defeat of HR4434.

I did the same for my House Rep., Sam Johnson.

GOA sent an email last night, the House Judiciary Committee has voted HB 38 (national reciprocity) out of committee; next stop: the full House vote!

Still time for everybody to call their reps (flood their phone lines/recorders) and email with the same comments; respectfully encourage support of HB 38 and oppose HB4434.

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    Another email from GOA:

There's an old adage that says: "When you've dug yourself into a hole, stop digging."
    cornyn.jpg

Texas Senator John Cornyn -- the second most powerful Senator in Washington -- is a traditionally pro-gun friend who made a big mistake by sponsoring a bad gun control bill.

But, rather than admitting that he made a mistake, he is digging in -- and, in the process, becoming a vocal advocate for gun control.

That's why I need you to contact your two Senators, Sen. John Cornyn (R) and Sen. Ted Cruz (R), right away. Urge them to do everything they can to stop Cornyn in his tracks.

It should tell you something that Cornyn's "Fix NICS" cosponsors include these gun control crazies: Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), Richard Blumenthal (D-CT), Chris Murphy (D-CT) and Chuck Schumer (D-NY).

You may remember that Sen. Murphy is the guy who put the infamous item on social media arguing that God doesn't listen to gun owners' prayers.

Well, now Murphy is publicly arguing that the Cornyn "Fix NICS" bill is the most important gun control in a long time, stating: "The Fix NICS Act is the most important piece of bipartisan guns legislation since Manchin-Toomey.... Reforms aren't window dressing. Big deal."

The goal of the Cornyn-Feinstein-Murphy-Schumer bill is to force every single potential NICS name to be sent to the FBI's NICS system.

It was prompted by reports that the Air Force did not send the name of the Sutherland Springs shooter to NICS -- even though he certainly could have gotten a firearm in a wide variety of ways, even if he had been in NICS, and even though his carnage was stopped by the real solution to violence ... a good guy with a gun.

The problem is that, because of this isolated horror story, the Cornyn bill could add the names of millions of additional law-abiding Americans to NICS.

You already know of the 257,000 veterans who have lost their rights because of a bad experience in Iraq.

You already know that 95% of NICS denials are "false positives."

And you probably also know that "Fix NICS" would require that the rolls of Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, and ObamaCare be trolled for recipients with PTSD, ADHD, or Alzheimer's -- that is, people who have had guardians appointed.

What you may not know is that the SECOND LARGEST CATEGORY of prohibited persons is "fugitives from justice" -- and that a good portion of these are Americans who have UNPAID TRAFFIC TICKETS.

The Department of Justice reported in 2012 that 19.1% of denials (13,862) were as a result of being a "fugitive from Justice." That category sounds ominous until you consider that unresolved traffic issues are one of the most common forms of bench warrants that can result in your becoming a "fugitive from justice."

At Gun Owners of America, we frequently see gun owners who are denied for no apparent reason -- or for the slightest reasons (like traffic offenses).
    fIxNiCsSaVeSlIvEs.png

Take Ryan, who was denied a gun purchase by NICS. Upon appealing his denial, he said, "the only thing [my attorney] can find is that i have a bench warrent [sic] from Ohio for failure to appear for a traffic ticket."

Or take this gun buyer who, in posting to a "General Firearms Forum," said he was denied and, upon appeal, "got a letter in the mail saying I had an outstanding warrant for a traffic ticket out of state from 6 years ago."

So don't be fooled by lying legislators who say they want to expand NICS to reach hard-core criminals, when they're really going after speeders.

The dirty little secret of NICS is that hundreds of thousands of people in the database are law-abiding Americans who did nothing wrong, unless you count "service to your country" and/or "speeding."

And many of the names which the "Traffic Ticket Gun Ban" would add would largely fall into these categories.

There is no reason why the second most powerful senator in the country -- Texas Senator John Cornyn -- should be leading a gun control charge.

Instead, the Senate should be taking up concealed carry reciprocity instead!

Sadly, Senator Cornyn is saying that he wants to push gun control first, and then get to concealed carry later.

But what the Senator is ignoring is this: If gun control passes into law, he will have lost any leverage he had to score a pro-gun victory with his seminal reciprocity bill.

So please contact your Senators, Sen. John Cornyn (R) and Sen. Ted Cruz (R), and urge them to OPPOSE the Traffic Ticket Gun Ban (S. 2135) and to support an immediate vote on concealed carry reciprocity (S. 446).

Top Bottom