• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Catholic church criticizes Democrats stand on abortion, homosexuality and orher Biblical issues and are rewarded by threats to their tax exempt status. The larger christian community was successfully backed up and closed by Covid so this is a warning shot to all Christians who are labeled by the Democrats as the enemy

Capitol Armory ad

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    This is the post on Twitter. Look how many likes it has. Very fitting
    sodomites.PNG

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    My biggest concern is that the Church may become a major battleground between the Left and the conservatives. I never worried about this until I saw how 90% of the churches folded up like a cardboard box over the Covid edicts. Now I am fairly convinced that the larger church will simply conform to whatever the government wants and the ones that don't will be labeled extremists and domestic terrorists.

Of course, this is exactly what the Bible teaches.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    The Catholic Church is playing a game.

Don't forget that Fauci is at least Jesuit trained if not a Jesuit himself...

ALL of the "Conservative" justices on the Supreme Court are Roman Catholic, and so is the President... as is Madame Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    My biggest concern is that the Church may become a major battleground between the Left and the conservatives. I never worried about this until I saw how 90% of the churches folded up like a cardboard box over the Covid edicts. Now I am fairly convinced that the larger church will simply conform to whatever the government wants and the ones that don't will be labeled extremists and domestic terrorists.

And this would play into the hands of the Jesuits and their counter-reformation activities.

Reactions: MTA

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I have strong theological objections to Roman Catholicism and the Papacy, but how dare government even raise the spectre of taxing them into silence. This makes my blood boil.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    Yep and not a peep about other religions who have the similar beliefs about homosexuals and abortion. Makes you wonder

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    The government does not belong in religion and should not control it unless it is harming the citizenry (such as does Islam); then again, nor does a religion belong in the government controlling it. That said, whether or not a demoncrat politician (or anyone) should remain eligible to receive Holy Communion is something for the Church and the Church alone to decide. It is purely a religious thing and any politician trying to change that should be expelled from the government for not upholding the Constitution. If politicians were actiually legally bound and held to the task of upholding and protecting the Constitution - we'd have a lot less assholes in government.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    This is the post on Twitter. Look how many likes it has. Very fitting
    View attachment 262893

Seeing how the Vatican is basically its own country with global aspirations and so much power and control I would actually not have a problem revoking the Roman Catholic Church’s tax exempt status. Of course I wouldn’t mind doing away with 501(C)3’s for all churches completely… But not allowing the government interfere with church business.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Catholic Church:
    No communion for pro choice politicians.

Also the Catholic Church:
    When a priest is a proven pedophile, we’ll transfer him to another state, so he can keep giving the sacrament of communion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I have strong theological objections to Roman Catholicism and the Papacy, but how dare government even raise the spectre of taxing them into silence. This makes my blood boil.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

^^^This.

I am a lapsed Catholic that was raised in Catholic Elementary School, and I have similar thinking/feeling. Whether or not the subject of tax exempt is worth addressing, govt bullying of those they don't agree with is unacceptable.

Abortion is murder... a woman's "choice" to commit murder should be the same as any other murder.

The Catholic Church is against murder... big surprise. But with the current Pope, this is somewhat of a miracle.

A non-Catholic proscription:

THOU SHALL NOT KILL

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013

America sure could use the black robe regiments once again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Seeing how the Vatican is basically its own country with global aspirations and so much power and control I would actually not have a problem revoking the Roman Catholic Church’s tax exempt status. Of course I wouldn’t mind doing away with 501(C)3’s for all churches completely… But not allowing the government interfere with church business.
    As long as you do it to every other religion too. Churches should be community based and funded

The tax exemption has been used and abused by all religions since it became a thing

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Imho the tax-exempt status for churches came about when most churches actually served a community purpose, dealing with folks who the .gov was unable to.

Since they were performing a pseudo-government function - taking care of those in need - they were given tax exempt status…because that how the government can direct private resources.

If churches instead want to play politics then they can pay taxes like the rest of us.

Just my opinion
    YMMV

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Imho the tax-exempt status for churches came about when most churches actually served a community purpose, dealing with folks who the .gov was unable to.

Since they were performing a pseudo-government function - taking care of those in need - they were given tax exempt status…because that how the government can direct private resources.

If churches instead want to play politics then they can pay taxes like the rest of us.

Just my opinion
    YMMV

I’d argue that the state is usurping the function of churches and private citizens… charity should be voluntary instead of government welfare.

Top Bottom