• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Well it happened again, as everyone predicted. The Repubs caved as usual. Got nothing for it. Like the Peanuts cartoon, Lucy pulled the football for the umpteenth time just as Chuck was about to kick it.

Boehner could have pulled a Harry Reid last night, and declared the Senate Bill DOA and not voted on it. But doing that requires balls, and Reid, Pelosi, etc. has them and Boehner and most Repubs do not.

Republicans have been trying to reduce debt and balance budget for decades. Every effort has failed. Every effort WILL fail. The American people do not want their gravy train taken away. Americans do not even have the stomach to survive a park being closed for a few days. Their reliance on govt to provide for them is beyond comprehension.

It is time for the Republicans to realize this and give it up. Join the Democrats on spending freely on the indulgence of pleasure, and at least make sure 1/2 of it goes to their base.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The republicans have already lost their base. That's why they don't win elections.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The republicans have already lost their base. That's why they don't win elections.

Tell Ted Cruz he did not win the election last year. Repubs own most governor ships, they own most state legislatures. They will win big in 2014, 2016.

The problem is too many Repubs are RINOs. Over 80 repubs voted with Dems last night in House. Another 20 voted with Dems in Senate.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    And as usual, the Repubs voted on a bill they did not read. Nestled in it was the usual Pork Dems submit, from giving hundreds of thousands to Lauteberg widow, to funneling millions of dollars for projects to the districts of Durbin, McConnell, Reid, etc. As well as back pay for Federal workers who did not work.

ETA:

We are lucky it did not have an anti-gun provision in it, because no way would the Repubs have had the sack to vote against it.

Last edited:

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    The mainstream press including FOX News has the GOP scared anyone who appears semi-conservative is immediately marginalized. Ted Cruz will be so hammered by media and those in his own party he will need to move to Alaska with Palin, unless the GOP begins to stand up for the base and learns how to respond to the media they can never win. The past few weeks I have watched for short periods all stations ABC through MSNBC the lies and misinformation on current events were astounding, for someone working 10-12 hours per day coming home turning on news for 1 hour, he/she would be lost in a world of lies. The uninformed voter does not stand a chance of seeing/hearing the truth. The press who is suppose to guard freedom is killing it. It's up to us to inform each other.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The mainstream press including FOX News has the GOP scared anyone who appears semi-conservative is immediately marginalized. Ted Cruz will be so hammered by media and those in his own party he will need to move to Alaska with Palin, unless the GOP begins to

I don't think they will be able to hurt Cruz, and if they try I have a feeling he won't ignore it for too long.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Cruz is our guy. Screw what the media says. Screw what the panty wearing McCains and Cantons have to say. WE elected Cruz, so they can hollar till their blue in the face....WE will send him right back up there so he can shove his foot in their rear ends again.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    The uninformed voter does not stand a chance of seeing/hearing the truth. The press who is suppose to guard freedom is killing it. It's up to us to inform each other.

This is true. The definition of liberal is "ignorant". Back before I knew anything about politics, knew nothing about it, and avoided anything and everything that had to do with it, the only thing that taught me anything was the media....and because of that, I had several liberal leaning tendencies. It wasn't until I took somewhat of an interest, and learned to research things myself, that I found out how stupid some of my beliefs were. If we could EDUCATE the liberals we know....some of them might "see the light". Of course, there will be some that are too hard headed as well.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I am so mad at the republicans that I may never vote for one again if a libertarian is running for that office. If not, I may not vote for that office. In fact voting for a dem, at least I know they could be trusted to do the wrong thing. Republicans can't be trusted.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Debt ceiling raised yet again along with billions in special interest earmarks... Such a disappointment. I can understand why that stenographer lost her mind and started ranting at all of them. If I had been there, I would have been cussing those bastards out.

The thing that really kills me is that I keep hearing that a "possible default was averted." First of all, that is just a flat out lie... but lets imagine for a moment that it was true that if the debt ceiling wasn't raised we would default. Do people even realize what that would mean when they talk about it? We have to borrow more money in order to make the payments on what we've already borrowed? That's insane... If that were true, we'd be financially done. No coming back...

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Debt ceiling raised yet again along with billions in special interest earmarks... Such a disappointment. I can understand why that stenographer lost her mind and started ranting at all of them. If I had been there, I would have been cussing those bastards out.

The thing that really kills me is that I keep hearing that a "possible default was averted." First of all, that is just a flat out lie... but lets imagine for a moment that it was true that if the debt ceiling wasn't raised we would default. Do people even realize what that would mean when they talk about it? We have to borrow more money in order to make the payments on what we've already borrowed? That's insane... If that were true, we'd be financially done. No coming back...

No one "thinks". Thats the problem.

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    Typical, I had a feeling in the end it was all just a show and our so called "conservatives" would fold just as they have time and time again in the past. They basically gave up everything while gaining nothing in return. All they've done is kick the proverbial can down the road until after the new year. This is the new norm gentlemen, look as they are doing something all the while they're doing nothing. Now not only do we face the debt ceiling yet again but now it sounds as though the Ovomit administration is hell bent on opening our borders up for so called "immigration reform".

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    The thing that really kills me is that I keep hearing that a "possible default was averted." First of all, that is just a flat out lie... ..
    And it is SUPPOSED TO BE the role of the press to call out lies by pols. But nowadays the press just seems to be another branch of the gub-mint.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Typical, I had a feeling in the end it was all just a show and our so called "conservatives" would fold just as they have time and time again in the past. They basically gave up everything while gaining nothing in return. All they've done is kick the proverbial can down the road until after the new year. This is the new norm gentlemen, look as they are doing something all the while they're doing nothing. Now not only do we face the debt ceiling yet again but now it sounds as though the Ovomit administration is hell bent on opening our borders up for so called "immigration reform".

Yea he is. Question is are they going to listen to us this time or ignore us like every time before?

Top Bottom