a348c52808853974cf928a7d1b7edf6d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1627219074099.png

hutchmx92

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2021
    Texas
    Thank you everyone for your replies! I actually contacted ATF and they did reply! mostly with the terminology already listed but stated if an answer was entered incorrectly and misinterpreted then that seller will continue to refuse me. I have since been to cabellas and picked up a canik 9mm TB9 with no issues at all. First purchase and am scheduled with a military friend next week to go over basics at the indoor range! Thank you everyone for the replies!

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    That is correct I did answer yes to F, so when I was going through the issues I spent the night at the hospital as a precaution but was allowed to leave the next day, so I was not sure if that counted as being admitted? I wasn't forced to do so it was a voluntary thing, I feel like there is a bit of a gray area but did not want to answer incorrectly and then get in legal trouble on the back end. I almost feel like I answered incorrectly and my scenario does not actually fall into those specifics. Should I continue with the VAF that I submitted or redo the questions and answer no? I am all for following the law but just confused at this point.
    My understanding is "Committed" in this context means to be adjudicated mentally defective by a court and committed (sentanced) to a MH facility.

I do POEC/POED's where someone in a mental health crisis is "arrested" and taken to hospital to receive emergency MH services. *IF* the person has firearms on or nearby they are sometimes seized in the moment, but as soon as the person is released from hospital (usually

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Hank1973

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2020
    Hello everyone! I am mew to the forum and a recent denial brought me here. I was answering the questions at academy sports for a firearm purchase. Question specifically about depression I answered yes. I am 29 years old and 12 years ago I joined the navy at 17 years old with parent signature and had a entry level discharge that involved depression. I am now grown with kids and a wife of 6 years and a career and college degree. Did I answer incorrectly and misinterpret it or did i answer it accurately? i have no psychiatric issues for depression or anything since that incident 12 years ago and I did not have a bad conduct discharge if any sort. I filed tonight to challenge and submitted a VAF and will go in the coming week to so my finger prints. I find it hard to believe that I am not eligible to purchase from a vendor. The specific legal clauses state from my understanding involuntarily submitted and seem to be of recent? Guidance would be appreciated, I am no hun but by any means but I did grow up in a rural area where we had shotguns and rifles with us usually all the time, i only want to purchase as j have new born twin daughters and feel it's something that could prevent something from happening to them.
    Having retired from the Navy I can tell you that unless you had a significantly disruptive event (attempted suicide, harming others, extreme behavioral issues) they wouldn't do anything but mark it as a medical discharge at worst. There are many people that have entry-level discharges. My former brother-in-law had one and it was like he never went. That wouldn't show up on a background check for a purchase since it really isn't something that would inhibit you from legally possessing one in and of itself.

Dave Z

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2021
    Roanoke, TX
    I say lie lie and lie some more. Its what your government wants. There is no problem if the form is filled out correctly. Honesty will ruin you with the government.
    If the OP is a BATFE troll now he has the answer he was fishing for.
    you are welcome, or am I telling a lie, see above.
    Just email Hunter Biden on the instructions on how to fill out a 4473! He knows the ins and outs of getting by.

Chuckles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 4, 2021
    Fort Worth
    Thank you everyone for your replies! I actually contacted ATF and they did reply! mostly with the terminology already listed but stated if an answer was entered incorrectly and misinterpreted then that seller will continue to refuse me. I have since been to cabellas and picked up a canik 9mm TB9 with no issues at all. First purchase and am scheduled with a military friend next week to go over basics at the indoor range! Thank you everyone for the replies!
    so they read from the website and told you nothing of actual use or value? Yup, sounds like our Federal government hard at work wasting our tax dollars.

Top Bottom