• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    If you get pulled over you should hand the officer your LTC/CHL at the same time as you hand over your drivers license. If the LTC/CHL is of reciprocity with Texas there shouldn't be an issue. I can't assume what questions an officer may ask after that.
    Target Sports

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    But if just asked out of curiosity, what would you say?
    I'd wonder why he's specifically pointing this fact out to me . . . because . . . like I already said . . . it's a non-issue. I'd be likely to say something akin to "have a nice day" and "drive safely". :meh:

daygo140

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2018
    Texas
    I don’t think it’s hard to believe an officer might say “just wondering, why don’t you have your Texas LTC being you are a Texas resident?”

daygo140

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2018
    Texas
    Great forum, great people! Glad to have joined!

Does anybody have a non-resident LTC/CHL residing in Texas? If so how’d you get it? Can somebody share the process, links to get this done.

daygo140

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2018
    Texas
    Why not try the truth?

I don’t want to lie, it usually leads to trouble. But I think it would be awkward replying,”yah officer I just didnt want to do what was required for a Texas one.”

There's no law saying you can't have an out of state CHL while living in Texas.

That’s obvious, but usually the assumption is you have your states LTC and you are traveling to another state, needing the non resident license. Then when pulled over in your state, why would you show your non resident from another state and not your states LTC.

Who has done this being unable to get the Texas LTC and any info, links, suggestions to get a non resident?

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I don’t want to lie, it usually leads to trouble. But I think it would be awkward replying,”yah officer I just couldn’t qualify for a Texas one.”

Or you could say "it was quicker and easier."

It is well know the costs and procedure drove a lot of folks to get out of state LTCs.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I figure pretty good .
    You're either trolling, or, you don't trust Texas Lawmen.

An out of state, non resident
    L.T.C. is perfectly legal as long as Texas has a reprociprity agreement with the issuing state.
    Florida and Arizona licences are very common.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I don’t think it’s hard to believe an officer might say “just wondering, why don’t you have your Texas LTC being you are a Texas resident?”
    You asked; I answered.

First off, you gotta get past the idea that cops hate guns in the hands of regular folks. Don't be snowed by the fact that Chiefs of Police tend to have to toe the line set by the Mayor/City Manager/City Council or else lose their jobs. Chiefs of Police (and the IACP) don't tend to have the same views as the rank and file. Sheriffs, on the other hand, being elected to their offices, are merely beholden to their oath and to the voters, and more frequently are stronger supporters of the 2dA than Chiefs of Police.

Stop belng surprised that LEOs are actually quite often supportive of the same things you are. ;)

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I figure pretty good .
    You're either trolling, or, you don't trust Texas Lawmen.

An out of state, non resident
    L.T.C. is perfectly legal as long as Texas has a reprociprity agreement with the issuing state.
    Florida and Arizona licences are very common.
    <like> x billion.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Just a quick note and I can't recall if it was on my renewal, but I remember my initial application for a Florida license asked if I had been denied a license in any other state. Make of that what you may.

daygo140

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2018
    Texas
    I just want to ensure it is legal. If it’s easier to get, cheaper, expires later, then why not. Otherwise I’ll just start my excruciating process and waiting and just get the Texas LTC.

daygo140

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2018
    Texas
    This ^^^^^ again

Uncomfortable breaking the law, yah that’s uncomfortable. But uncomfortable is also not carrying even though going through the excruciating process to get one is time consuming and uncomfortable, I’d rather suffer and just do it.

Top Bottom