14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    CreepyFixedBallpython-size_restricted.gif

oldjarhead56

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Do you have to wait for your snail mail notice for renewal? I can log in at the renewal website, but can't go any further. I will be within six months of renewal on March 20th, 2018. Will it let me renew then?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Do you have to wait for your snail mail notice for renewal? I can log in at the renewal website, but can't go any further. I will be within six months of renewal on March 20th, 2018. Will it let me renew then?

It should. I matched up my renewal last year with a change of address and that was all do online.

IIRC, you won’t see the renew option online until your actually within 6 mos of expiration.

NavyVet1959

Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    But if just asked out of curiosity, what would you say?

The last time I got a CHL, I decided to get one from Nevada because at that time, Nevada did not recognize the Texas CHL. I was in Las Vegas at the time and since I don't gamble, go to the shows, or pig out at the buffets, there's not much else to do there. Their procedures were pretty efficient -- take the course at the on of the local gun ranges and get the paperwork from them, take it to the police department on the next workday where they took my photo and fingerprints, and pay the money. It was a lot more convenient than the procedures for getting the Texas CHL at the time. I'm not sure which state I'll get my next CHL from.

jabartram

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2018
    US
    I just got denied for my ltc in Texas, apparently I lied on my application, it actually was not intentional, 31 yrs ago i was arrested for burg of a vehicle, i was with a group of people, i was 18 so i got to take the fall, spent 45 days in jail, got out on deferred adj probation, which when done was supposed to seal my record, but apparently not. Im working on getting it expunged, when i do, will i be able to reapply, or will i always be denied now? I can purchase a gun with no issues?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    I just got denied for my ltc in Texas, apparently I lied on my application, it actually was not intentional, 31 yrs ago i was arrested for burg of a vehicle, i was with a group of people, i was 18 so i got to take the fall, spent 45 days in jail, got out on deferred adj probation, which when done was supposed to seal my record, but apparently not. Im working on getting it expunged, when i do, will i be able to reapply, or will i always be denied now? I can purchase a gun with no issues?

When you applied for your Texas LTC did you disclose this issue? If not, did you actually forget that it happened or were you hoping they wouldn't find it?

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Man that sucks.

I kind of had the opposite problem.

I disclosed some class C misdemeanor issue (1991) that didn’t come up in the computer now and the judge who processed the cause number retired so there no way to pull the paper records so I guess I’m all good there. I never know whether to disclose the charge because it doesn’t seem to show up but I always do just to be safe.

It’s confusing though because there are two different “cause numbers” associated with it, one for the initial charge and one with the charge that they changed it to when I paid the fine.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin

You can apply again, but you will need to provide a copy of your disposition from the court.

Top Bottom