• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    Have any of you ever had these? I went for a consultation a few years ago, and they were claiming that people can have the procedure done in the morning, and still be fine to go to work after it's done...seems like a lie to me. Having a bunch of teeth ripped out, then some fake teeth drilled into your jaw bone doesn't seem like a procedure where you'd be ready to go right afterwards.

If you have had it done, how is the upkeep? comfort?
    DK Firearms

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    FIL did implants all the time. He dealt with things like people knocking out all of their teeth on steering wheels and such. They basically drill a hole in your jaw, insert titanium peg in, let the bone grow onto it, then put in a tooth, like a crown. Wifey-mate (dental Hygienist) says it's a 3 to 6 month process.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    There are quick-flip places apparently too, She who must be obeyed does not recommend them.

tx_transplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Greenville, TX
    Wife had one done, and agreed on the time needed. Hers was about 6 months. They first did the jaw prep, then implanted the post. This took several months for it to "grow" into the bone. From there, they did a mold and made the "tooth", and installed it. It's been about 3 years and she's had no troubles at all.
    I would stay far away from the fast service places. After seeing how it works, I don't see how a 1 day turnaround can possibly succeed.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    Installing the post is about like a root canal. You'll have pain where the gum was cut for a day or so, but you can go straight to work. Once the post grows in you go to have the crown fitted. That's nothing.

Top Bottom