• ...and so much more!
  • navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Just might take a stroll through. Paula has a graduation "Tea" to go to in Little Elm Saturday, so maybe I'll drop her off and hit the show. We'll see, I'm starting to feel like a cold or some crap is coming on. :mad: Our daughter had a bad cold last weekend, and we hugged a few times.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    We won't be there right at opening. We've got to do some house stuff around 10 but we're going to head over there after that.

Larry I hope you can ward off whatever's coming on. Eat an orange. Maybe we'll bump into you out there. Is Paula going to make the shoot in May?

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Is Paula going to make the shoot in May?[/quote]

I think so. I haven't seen a time posted.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Ok, got back from this Denton Gun show. We left with a package of $6 jerky.

Several signs about no loaded fireams (specifically including CHLs) outside on the windows facing the parking lot, and a 30.06 sign inside, located AFTER the pay/entry tables. We had to go walk out to the truck after walking all the way to te building. We parked in the lot right next to the access road because it was a zoo.

An ok amount of tables. What I am disappointed in is the severe lack of friendliness from table vendors. Pathetic actually. The two friendliest vendors were at leatherwork/gear tables. Excellent gentleman to talk with.

Ammo was still priced high. Though I tell you what, CheaperThanDirt had a table with ammo for $2 less than their website prices. Wow, what a..bargain? Not really. Still $22 for a 50rd box of 9mm.

Lots of $1200 AR rifles. Lots of hunting rifles. Lots of revolvers and polymer guns.

I did like looking at the Colt New Agent, Colt Defender, SA Ultra Compact 9mm (I wanted that one) and this great Colt Rovolver .22lr.

Interesting show but we were getting hunry and were sick of all the people who don't wear deoderant. Maybe I ought to vendor a table with personal hygeine products at the next show.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Hey Shorts. Couldn't make it. Felt like crap, but feeling better this afternoon. Thought maybe I'd check that out tomorrow, but based on your review, maybe not. I want to buy a 22/45 for Paula to shoot since she likes the low recoil. I know I can get a good deal from Sporting Arms in Lewisville, so Maybe I'lll just order one.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Oh man, the bug got ya huh? Hopefully it won't last long.

We got a chance to look at the new Mark III Rugers and they were pretty neat, felt real good in hand. I liked the short barrel 22/45. BUT, they were priced in the 500s! :eek: So, if you found it elsewhere for a better price get it. You can't go wrong with that gun.

Even the 22lr rifles that are normally $150-200 were $300. Those neat Henry .22lr tube feed lever action rifles were $300. I use to see them for less than that :(

Get better soon. Hopefully the next show elsewhere will go better.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Thanks, I slept for 12 hours and I feel much better. Might even go for a run tomorrow.

If you need to buy a gun, check out Sporting Arms in Lewisville. They have a web site, but no retail store. They work out of the house. Great people. Tom and Becky. You can see the prices listed on their web site, and they order it in and a couple of days later you go and pick it up. I've bought 3 guns there and tansfered two ($20 for transfer)

Frigin gun shows are starting to be a drag. We have the big Fort Worth show next month. I'll give it one last shot.

deadeye1964

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    GRAPEVINE
    Ok, got back from this Denton Gun show. We left with a package of $6 jerky.

Several signs about no loaded fireams (specifically including CHLs) outside on the windows facing the parking lot, and a 30.06 sign inside, located AFTER the pay/entry tables. We had to go walk out to the truck after walking all the way to te building. We parked in the lot right next to the access road because it was a zoo.

An ok amount of tables. What I am disappointed in is the severe lack of friendliness from table vendors. Pathetic actually. The two friendliest vendors were at leatherwork/gear tables. Excellent gentleman to talk with.

Ammo was still priced high. Though I tell you what, CheaperThanDirt had a table with ammo for $2 less than their website prices. Wow, what a..bargain? Not really. Still $22 for a 50rd box of 9mm.

Lots of $1200 AR rifles. Lots of hunting rifles. Lots of revolvers and polymer guns.

I did like looking at the Colt New Agent, Colt Defender, SA Ultra Compact 9mm (I wanted that one) and this great Colt Rovolver .22lr.

Interesting show but we were getting hunry and were sick of all the people who don't wear deoderant. Maybe I ought to vendor a table with personal hygeine products at the next show.

Let them keep their ammo and their over priced guns. When you can buy from retail stores cheaper, there is something wrong. I have not seen one table at a gun show beat Academy's prices in 2 years. I guess as long as there are people willing to over pay at these shows, they will keep gauging them. I just bought 7 boxes of Blazer Brass 9mm for 8.97 a box at wal-mart but you have to buy it when they have it because it does not last long. I understand supply and demand but this is crazy. At least the beef jerky was priced about right as long as you do not add in the price of admission.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Yes it is still on. We went yesterday. Believe me, the building is not occupied.

I don't think their webtech is all up to par ;)

Elle_Mo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Denton
    I know I'm way out of the loop here... But I bought the best beef jerky of my life from a man at the gun show. I would love to order some more, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was called.

It may be a shot in the dark, but would anyone have any idea?

Much appreciated!

Top Bottom