• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    WHY is it that some "PEOPLE" think that the desert is their own personal garbage dump/shooting area?

If you go out ANYWHERE and shoot, pick up your garbage ! If you bring out something to shoot, TAKE IT BACK with you. How HARD is it ? And DON'T SHOOT GLASS ! Some like to practice shooting kneeling, prone, etc. Why should WE have to worry about laying on GLASS ?

After spending MANY HOURS cleaning up a popular shooting spot, I happend to catch this older guy teaching a bunch of younger girls how to shoot shotguns. GREAT ! When they were about to leave, I asked him about leaving all of their hulls and broken clays...........WHAT A SCUMBAG ! "duh,..What ?....EVERYONE else does the same thing !

I told him that" How about I fill up the back of your car with MY garbage ?" He didn't like that idea too much.

THAT kind of idiot ruins BLM land use for ALL of us. How hard is it to bring a garbage bag and/or rake and clean up your mess ? Enough people disrespect the area and they will close it down .

BOTTOM LINE :

Leave it cleaner then when you got there. If you see someone else do it, put them in check over it.

I will get off the soap box now.......
    Venture Surplus ad

Acetone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    El Paso
    Oh! He is lucky I wasn't there. I would have "accidently" left some nails under his tires, and "clumsily" ignited a rag in the fuel door. Ass.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Oh! He is lucky I wasn't there. I would have "accidently" left some nails under his tires, and "clumsily" ignited a rag in the fuel door. Ass.

YOU know how hard I worked out there !

I guess I am getting old , cuz I kept my "cool" UNTIL he told me that he was a Boy Scout leader, had the kids clean up an area ( just like the one he was screwing up ) and someone else trashed their work. That is when that Itay blood in me blew a gasket !

Are people REALLY that ignorant ?

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    People aren't ignorant, they are lazy. They want to use and use, but rarely do they ever step up to actually maintain it.

At the indoor range I work at, people leave all their trash sitting in the lanes. Sure, we get paid to maintain the range, but it takes all of 30 seconds to police your area for trash. The brass, I can sweep, that's no biggie, but the more time we spend ferrying trash to the TWO trashcans out there on top of sweeping the brass, is time that we aren't watching the line. There's alot that can happen in 30 seconds, like getting your brains painted on the wall.

Jeff-Tex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Mesquite
    I went shooting on my buddies land out in East Texas for Labor Day weekend. I shot mainly shotguns but made sure to pick up all my empties. Some other guys were plinking with a 22 and left their brass everywhere. It was a bitch but I picked up every single one of those little f'kers. Had those guys come back the next day, they would have found out. I really hope I see them out there next time.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    People aren't ignorant, they are lazy. They want to use and use, but rarely do they ever step up to actually maintain it.

At the indoor range I work at, people leave all their trash sitting in the lanes. Sure, we get paid to maintain the range, but it takes all of 30 seconds to police your area for trash. The brass, I can sweep, that's no biggie, but the more time we spend ferrying trash to the TWO trashcans out there on top of sweeping the brass, is time that we aren't watching the line. There's alot that can happen in 30 seconds, like getting your brains painted on the wall.

I might have to disagree. You KNOW it is wrong to just litter. ESPECIALLY after you see that SOMEONE else took the time to clean it up ! To me, that is just plain ignorant and disrespectful to everyone that uses the land. I will take some pic's next time out , to show how bad it was/is.

I WOULD post signs, but you know what would happen..........Would buy and leave garbage cans there, but they would either shoot or steal them.

Your people USE garbage cans, these people use the desert as their garbage can. At least I know SOMEONE TRIED to make it better ONCE !

I guess lazy is a part of it too.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    The sad part was the sorry example he was showing the young girls.
    ++1
    I hate people like this that simply don't care and have no respect for the property or property of others used or stored there..
    This is how these type of lands / shooting areas get closed down.
    We had it happen up in Decatur at the grass lands a few years back.
    Guys where going up there with AK's and AR's shooting oil and gas well equipment. Now there is one area to shoot in. If you get caught anywhere else it's a major fine.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    I went shooting on my buddies land out in East Texas for Labor Day weekend. I shot mainly shotguns but made sure to pick up all my empties. Some other guys were plinking with a 22 and left their brass everywhere. It was a bitch but I picked up every single one of those little f'kers. Had those guys come back the next day, they would have found out. I really hope I see them out there next time.

You know, I really don't mind people leaving .22 brass, because it will go back into the earth. What really irks me, is the shotgun hulls and other larger non reloadable cases.

Most reloadable brass is picked up by several people ( including me ) I just HATE the empty boxes, bottles and garbage they leave. ESPECIALLY the GLASS.

Nice job of cleaning up after those other folks , by the way.

I was starting to question if I were the only one that thinks this way. I am glad to see that I am not.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Here is what I'm talking about ! Which area would YOU want to shoot at ?

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    One month later..... and SCUMBAGS keep leaving their GARBAGE ! Guess there is no taking the GHETTO out of some people. Why would you keep leaving your trash, after you can plainly see that SOMEONE tried to clean the place up ?

Here is what I'm talking about ! Which area would YOU want to shoot at ?

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I know I'm jumping in on this thread real late, but I wanted to put in my . I can speak from experience roaming all over the deserts of Arizona, Nevada, Utah, and California for many years that the way people throw their garbage around is ridiculous! Don't get me wrong, I'm no tree hugger, but it pisses me off that the most fragile environment where trash is so visible and lasts the longest is the one people seem to screw up the most. I hate it and it drives me nuts too. Whenever I go to the desert I end up bringing home a huge garbage bag full of trash that's not mine. It's maddening.

Top Bottom