Join TexasGunTalk

Detective John Hobbs. EOW March 3 2014

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by candcallen, Feb 10, 2020.

1. candcallen

candcallen Well-Known

Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    EOW March 3 2014. It will be 6 years this year since we lost a shining example of what "the best of us" means.

You guys probably have never heard of Detective John Hobbs. He was a member of Phoenix police departments fugitive apprehension detail. He was killed while attempting to apprehend a murder suspect.

Even though John was fatally wounded at the beginning of the fire fight John continued the fight till the suspect was killed.

This incident took place in a busy intersection after the suspect wrecked his car and exited his vehicle shooting. John saved who knows how many lives that day including his partner who was also shot. A desperate fleeing murder suspect who has no concern for anything except getting away and already started shooting is of extreme danger to everyone. We are all fortunate John was there.

John was a hero. He was the best of us all. A staunch 2a proponent, an outstanding smith, a selfless giver of time and talent, a Father and husband and my friend.

I remember this today as I put on his memorial t-shirt.

So if you pray, remember his wife and daughters. They lost a giant of a man.

I wont ever forget.

just country, DyeF9, SQLGeek and 4 others like this.
  2. busykngt

busykngt TGT Addict

Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    The video answered the one remaining question I had.

Good.

3. Charlie

Charlie TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    A hero.

4. candcallen

candcallen Well-Known

Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I met John when he offered to work on a 1911 I had a problem with. I was already disabled/retired never worked with him for his department or even communicated with him before that out of the blue pm.

I got to his house, met his wife and kids and saw his safe full of guns he was working on for free. He had at least a dozen Glocks he was doing grip work on and 1911s he did tuning on. All for free for his fellow officers.

That's the kind of guy he was off duty and you now know how he was on duty.

I know he wasnt from Texas but in todays world with the negative crap about police I thought I would throw a bit of reality and remembrance.

Thanks.

just country likes this.