Detective John Hobbs, my friend, died 7 years ago today.

candcallen

Purveyor of Snark Humor and Truth.
Jul 23, 2011
Little Elm
Please indulge me as I post this every year to remember John.

John was special. The model police officer. A staunch pro gun guy. One of the best pistol Smith's I've known. I miss him.

He was already mortally wounded but killed the bastard who killed him and nearly killed his partner.
Heroic. Absolutely heroic.

A colleague used those words to describe the last moments of Phoenix police Detective John Hobbs' life.

"We're talking about an officer who got shot and doesn't give up the fight," police spokesman Steve Martos said.

Already mortally wounded and with his partner down, Hobbs managed to return fire at the fugitive who'd shot him and is believed to have killed the fugitive.

I wont forget you my friend.

HawkeyeSATX

Jul 15, 2014
Sorry to hear of your loss.
He certainly did the most heroic thing possible, and sacrificed his life so others may live.
Being a former law enforcement officer, you never know when you might, or will put your life on the line to save others, but you never back down from doing your duty.
May he rest in everlasting peace!
God bless him, and he is certainly having God praise him, and love him for his bravery!

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

Primary

TexasGunTalk Assistant
Here are some related products that TexasGunTalk members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TexasGunTalk’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TexasGunTalk discussions about these products.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud

Forum statistics

Threads
Members