Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Kalamazoo, the U.P. and Mackinac Island are arguably the most beautiful areas of the state.
    Really? I didn't realize. My midlife crisis lived in Kalamazoo and 98% of my time in that city was spent inside a hotel room. I dimly remember some pretty scenery glimpsed when I went on grocery runs, maybe.

For whatever reasons, I have pleasant mental associations with Kalamazoo. Mine may be for different reasons than other folks but to each his own.

:)

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Really? I didn't realize. My midlife crisis lived in Kalamazoo and 98% of my time in that city was spent inside a hotel room. I dimly remember some pretty scenery glimpsed when I went on grocery runs, maybe.

For whatever reasons, I have pleasant mental associations with Kalamazoo. Mine may be for different reasons than other folks but to each his own.

:)

The city itself ain't anything special (in fact it's kinda shitty even by Michigan's standards) - but good Lord, there's awesome scenery. Sucks that you didn't get to actually go out and experience it though.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The city itself ain't anything special (in fact it's kinda shitty even by Michigan's standards) - but good Lord, there's awesome scenery. Sucks that you didn't get to actually go out and experience it though.
    The smiley on the previous post meant it was a bit of an exaggeration. Yes, we did go out occasionally. Yes, we spent some time in a couple of parks. I saw some countryside. I saw way too much of the inside of Meiers. (:)) So I actually appreciate that it's pretty country.

To all Michiganders who I may have slighted by glossing over the beauty of their fine state, I apologize.

Heck, there are even parts of Detroit where I've had a good time. :)

Top Bottom