• ...and so much more!
  • Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    **** that. they need to get shot.

A sentiment shared by quite a large number of Michiganders, including the three police chiefs I've talked to since I moved back in November. Thankfully, Michigan's use of force laws aren't too different from Texas in regards to shit like this, so if you -are- jacked, you're well within the law if you give the criminal a 9mm lobotomy/heart bypass.

Seeing shit like this, I'm -really- pissed that my guns are still in Texas. Mom wants to learn the ins and outs of how they work, and we both want to get our CCW permits, but it's kinda hard to do that when the stuff that is legally mine is over a thousand miles away.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    They put signs up, problem solved.

I think it's hilarious they are blaming vehicle security features for the car jackings. They live on a very strange reality. Unable to accept that there idea of utopia has failed.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    They put signs up, problem solved.

I think it's hilarious they are blaming vehicle security features for the car jackings. They live on a very strange reality. Unable to accept that there idea of utopia has failed.

Think about it, dude. Would you try to steal an unoccupied vehicle, knowing that it has high-end theft prevention measures that can't be easily defeated (by the average Detroit thug, mind you - shitload of Darwin Award candidates and ULIVs down there), or would you wait until the owner was getting into or out of the vehicle, bushwhack them and take the keys, thus bypassing 95% of those anti-theft measures?

That said - I agree, Detroit's 50+ years of lib rule are a textbook example of why leftist ideologies are bound to fail.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Liked the last bit of that video.....Some people aren't taking any chances and a pic of Joe citizen with a gun on his belt.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Remember the 1979 movie Escape From New York? Pretty much all fiction comes true sooner or later.

Edited to add: Shoulda mentioned Robo Cop as well - I think it was actually set in Detriot (spelling intentional).

Last edited:

CitizenSeven

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Dallas
    GM solution

Detroit police have also announced a partnership with General Motors' OnStar roadside assistance service to track down stolen vehicles and promote rewards tied to an anonymous tip line

Government Motors could prevent the carjackings entirely just by issuing a recall.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Think about it, dude. Would you try to steal an unoccupied vehicle, knowing that it has high-end theft prevention measures that can't be easily defeated (by the average Detroit thug, mind you - shitload of Darwin Award candidates and ULIVs down there), or would you wait until the owner was getting into or out of the vehicle, bushwhack them and take the keys, thus bypassing 95% of those anti-theft measures?

That said - I agree, Detroit's 50+ years of lib rule are a textbook example of why leftist ideologies are bound to fail.

I realize that, but it's very superficial and avoids the real reason these crimes are taking place.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    I realize that, but it's very superficial and avoids the real reason these crimes are taking place.

Oh, I agree with that wholeheartedly. Detroit, SagiNasty, Flint, Flushing (no, I'm not kidding, there actually is a town up here named Flushing), and Dearborn(istan - supposedly the largest concentration of Muslims outside the Middle East lives there) - they all have one thing in common. A lot of ULIVs that only care about .gov handouts and free rides, and a totally fucked socioeconomic spread.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Shoulda mentioned Robo Cop...
    The scene in the first RoboCop movie where the all-mechanical cop is introduced, goes crazy, and starts murdering all the officials at the ceremony was shot in Houston, inside our convention center. My employer booked that room for a meeting some years later and when I got there I remember thinking "There's something familiar about this place..." but it took me days to remember what it was.

Top Bottom