• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    I just bought a .25cal Ortgies at a gun show last weekend. After cleaning it up and fixing a problem with a sticky safety.. I find that the gun won't cock unless I'm applying a downward pressure on the slide when I'm pulling it back. If I'm not applying any pressure you can hear the firing pin going forward as the slide does when it returns home.

Any suggestions as what might be wrong with the pistol? I'm sure there's a part that probably needs to be replaced, but I don't want to go ahead and buy the wrong part to still have a non-functioning pistol.

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    I think I figured out the problem... there seems to be some "claws" on the firing pin that keep it locked back, and it appears one is chipped.... I'll post some pics to show you what I'm talking about.

SouthPawPara

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Beaumont
    Your correct. Orties have a history of breaking firing pins. To my knowledge there is not a manufacturer making replacement firing pins (please correct me someone, I wanna be wrong) and you will have to purchase a "parts gun" to fix it. I own 3 (not counting 2 parts guns) .32 cal Orties and love them. They are a nice low end collecter piece.

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    actually I believe I've run across firing pins for sale, whether they are new, or used parts... I do not know.

Top Bottom