• ...and so much more!
  • mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    It's interesting read some of these comments.

in most cases these drills are to exercise logistics and find weaknesses in emergency response. It spans anything form 9/11 to Katrina.

if a gaggle of supply trucks is stationed at a facility and asked to respond to a support location it would be nice to know response time, route evaluation, where to park once there, best methods to distribute supplies, infrastructure to handle distribution ...

Remember desk jockeys dream up these response plans many times with zero real world intel.

or it could be a plot to kill us all while taking our guns and children.
    Texas SOT

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    :popcorn: Subscribed! This thread is really getting interesting. In the late 60's (while in the military) I was involved in an operation in North Ft. Hood that was training for riot control (there were streets and empty slabs for tents, etc.). I was in the group of "rioters". There were lots of riots going on in the late 60's!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    :popcorn: Subscribed! This thread is really getting interesting. In the late 60's (while in the military) I was involved in an operation in North Ft. Hood that was training for riot control (there were streets and empty slabs for tents, etc.). I was in the group of "rioters". There were lots of riots going on in the late 60's!

History repeats itself, and I expect that particular part of history to repeat pretty soon. The government has been doing a lot of the same shady shit they were in the late '60s, and people are reacting to it.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    On Sept 10, 2001, who thought the military would be told to shoot down american airliners being used by terrorists as missles?

To what mess in Boston are you referring? I would just love to hear your detailed plan for such incidents.

*missiles
    But they DIDN'T shoot down any planes (unless certain conspiracy theorists are correct about the flight that went down in PA.

If you managed to sleep through the Boston Marathon bombing, then you missed the massive fumbling for suspects and there's far too much to describe on this small forum.

I don't feel any burning need to come up with a plan, except to say that it wouldn't involve sweeping through downtown areas with Blackhawk helicopters. Cops and SWAT teams go after bad guys every day without having to declare martial law.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis

You were training on base. Not in Killeen.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    So a company is running this?

Blackwater next? I mean Xe. I mean fluffy Happy Bunnies Inc.

Its interesting how some of us with military service come away with more trust with gov and others less...

Fluffy Happy Bunnies Inc. - THAT was funny! Blackwater - and the whitewashing of Blackwater - is exactly the kind of gov't or quasi-gov't stuff that makes this administration scary. They seem to have no end of ideas on how to ignore the Constitution and to use power whenever and wherever they see fit without any accountability.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    *missiles
    But they DIDN'T shoot down any planes (unless certain conspiracy theorists are correct about the flight that went down in PA.

If you managed to sleep through the Boston Marathon bombing, then you missed the massive fumbling for suspects and there's far too much to describe on this small forum.

I don't feel any burning need to come up with a plan, except to say that it wouldn't involve sweeping through downtown areas with Blackhawk helicopters. Cops and SWAT teams go after bad guys every day without having to declare martial law.

They didn't have time to decide what to do and get planes armed and fueled, get pilots to those planes and get them into the air. I did read about one pilot who was sent on an intercept with orders to ram the airliner if she had to, but the airliner wound up complying with orders to land, so it never happened.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Some of you guys have your tinfoil hats on way too tight.

While some don't have 'em on tight enough.

I mean, it can't happen here. Right? :facepalm:

Go on, keep blindly trusting the government. (Each word is a separate link. And yes, I know.. "But it's WIKI!" Yeah, show me where each article is wrong and I'll consider finding a different source or agreeing that my post is bullshit vice yours which is bullshit.)

Last edited:

poolingmyignorance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    houston
    In an age where the NSA records every aspect of your life, the IRS is weaponized against citizens, voting habits are tracked, and even news media are targeted for their 1st amendment rights... I guess your all just being paranoid. Nothing to see here.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    In an age where the NSA records every aspect of your life, the IRS is weaponized against citizens, voting habits are tracked, and even news media are targeted for their 1st amendment rights... I guess your all just being paranoid. Nothing to see here.

It's not well-known, but it looks like ATF is (illegally) keeping a registry, too.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Stay out of DFW this weekend.
    Stay out? Should have had an open carry rally the same weekend.

To what mess in Boston are you referring?
    Pretty sure this is the mess he's referring to:

REptQy2.jpg

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    There was a small open carry meet in dallas this weekend. Even made the national news because the moms against guns went all over dramatic about it.

Top Bottom