• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ieatlead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Keller, TX
    I could be search challenged, but can any one recommend a good CHL class in or near Keller? I'd like to get schedules, pricing and a little information about the instructors. I plan on taking the course with 2 other individuals. Any help we be greatly appreciated, even if it points out how to do a valid search on the topic.
    Texas SOT

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Here is were my wife and I took ours.
    Welcome to The Shooters Club, Fort Worth, Texas!

We're due for renewal this year and will probably go back there.

There is also this place which actually isn't quite opened yet and I've only read about it. They say schedule for opening by March this year. It's close anyway.
    Training | Shoot Smart in Fort Worth, TX - A Family-Oriented Indoor Shooting Range & Training Center

Another place not too far is
    Gun Range

I've shoot there several times and it's a pretty nice indoor range, but honestly can't comment on the CHL class other than say I saw it going on through the window.

mdehoogh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    DFW
    I took mine at the Winchester Gallery off 820 and I30 and really enjoyed it. The instructor was very knowledgeable (I'm sure most are). I want to say it was ~$150 for the class which seemed pretty close to most other places I looked into at the time. It's my favorite indoor shooting range in the area.

At a gunshow back in August, ShootSmartTX (I35W and 1709/Keller Pkwy) was selling three-month unlimited passes for $10 so I bought one. It looks like it will be a pretty nice range and I'm excited for it to open.

ieatlead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Keller, TX
    Thank you for the responses. I'm already a Pioneer Member at ShootSmart, but they don't open until March. I was hoping to get into a class prior to that. I currently shoot at Winchester so I guess I'll sign up there. Thank you guys!

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    TxInvestigator may be the only CHL instructor in Texas who knows what he is talking about. If you are in DFW I'd sent him a PM.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    I could be search challenged, but can any one recommend a good CHL class in or near Keller? I'd like to get schedules, pricing and a little information about the instructors. I plan on taking the course with 2 other individuals. Any help we be greatly appreciated, even if it points out how to do a valid search on the topic.

I took mine at Quail Springs just north of TMS. Here is the website Quail Creek Shooting Range-Archery Pistol Rifle Site-Handgun Target Practice-Gun Range-Gun Shop-Lewisville, Highland Village, Flower Mound, Denton, Argyle, Texas

jcriswell

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He's nowhere near Keller but I HIGHLY recommend Jerry Raburn, Retired DPS Trooper, currently SWAT handgun trainer for DPS and several police departments. Has won all sorts of shooting competitions and will teach you how to shoot if you want to take that course also.
    He lives near Denton and you can find him under his name and/or Texas Top Gun. Very nice guy and not at all pretentious... Oh, he's also a Denton Co. Constable, I think district 3 and most important, looks like he belongs in a Stetson. (most of the rest of us look just goofy)

Top Bottom