• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HogFan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Hi all. Just found this sight completely by accident, so of course I had to register!!! I am pretty much a "there are two types of firearms, 1911s and everything else" kind of guy, with the occasional AR15 thrown in to keep it interesting! My eyes are a bit blurry from all the reading, so I decided to jump right in with a question. I am looking for a place to shoot and the closest to me seems to be DFW Gun Range. Any thoughts on this place, good or bad? Thanks!

Tommy C.
    Hurley's Gold

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Depends on where you live and how far you are willing to drive. Indoors there is the Bullettrap on Ave K in Plano, and Targetmasters on Jupiter road in Garland just north of 635 a mile or so.

Outdoors there is Elm Fork Shooting Park just north of Northwest Highway on Luna Road...west of I35 E and the Garland public range somewhere in scenic Garland. There are others as well.

Welcome aboard.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Depends on where you live and how far you are willing to drive. Indoors there is the Bullettrap on Ave K in Plano, and Targetmasters on Jupiter road in Garland just north of 635 a mile or so.

Outdoors there is Elm Fork Shooting Park just north of Northwest Highway on Luna Road...west of I35 E and the Garland public range somewhere in scenic Garland. There are others as well.

Welcome aboard.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    DFW is a decent range. Great lighting, Pretty good staff. Their rules are on par with other indoor ranges. They have 14 lanes, 9 of which are 25 yards and 5 are 15 yards. You can shoot rifles there.

Prices are up to, I believe, $18 per person now. Ammo is a little high.

If it is close to you there is not reason not to go. I am frineds with the owner but have no claim or interest in the range. I live in Ft Worth and sboot over here unless I am in the area of DFW Gun.

n0fry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Mansfield, Tx
    Sorry for posting a little off topic, but is 18-20 dollars the normal prices for ranges? I'm new to guns in general, and just wanted to find place to shoot my new SIG 522.

bci21984

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    mckinney
    Tom Bean (Ralphs Range)
    Phone: 903-546-6524
    Address: FM902 and Joe Bob Road, Tom Bean, TX
    Hours: Any Reasonable Time
    Fees: $3/Hour
    Highlights: Basically an open range with a 12 foot high 50 foot long berm. Has target stands for 1x2x8 posts (you bring 1x2x8 posts to tack targets to), Anything legal is allowed (speed shooting, holster draws, FMJ, AP, Tracer, Title I/II, .50 BMG, tannerite). ~120 yds max range. Bench/seated/standing/prone all allowed.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    IME, $9 tp $15 is the norm. DFW's rate of $18 is getting up there. I've only been there once, with some of the folks from this forum when we got rained out at Elm Fork. I thought they had some sort of membership program which allows for reduced rates.

Drs2288

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Fort Worth
    $18 is alot to shoot but IMO its worth it to be indoors shooting the AK and have polite people. I have been to one outdoor range and the RO was a pain.

Rabies

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Texas
    Anyone go to Winchester Shooting Gallery? How is it?

I called today and the weekend price is $15 per person per day. Day, not hour. It's $7.50 for each additional shooter who shares your lane. If two shooters each use their own lane it's $15 each.

May go next Saturday.

Cyberlink

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington
    I use Winchester gallery from time to time. They are nice but crowded!

On weekends you may end up waiting for a lane. The place is clean and well taken care of. I prefer to use them for pistol shooting but they do have some rifle ranges that are 75 feet I think.

Rabies

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Texas
    My wife and I went to Winchester Shooting Gallery today. Had a great time. Friendly staff. Not intrusive. Range was clean and in good order. They do check ammo. No steel ammo allowed. We got there at opening and in an hour the pistol range was full and people were waiting.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I've only been there twice and both times on the week end, I was charged $8 and change.

I did use the rifle range to sight in my 30.06. Dang that's loud indoors!

Top Bottom