ARJ Defense ad

DFW Gun Shops, any that are "must see" ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Walcott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    I'll be in DFW tomorrow afternoon, up from Waco, and was wondering if there are any must see gun shops in the metroplex? We have a limited selection here in Waco, and sometimes pricing isn't the best. I'm actually looking for a XD9 SubCompact in Bi-Tone and wondering if I might find a better price in DFW.

Otherwise I'll be on the look at the Austin Gun Show this weekend.

Thanks
    Target Sports

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    You can visit BassPro and Gander Mountain for the chain stores.
    If you get to Plano, check out The Bullet Trap. They have at least 50 different pistols you can rent to shoot at their indoor range. Decent pricing and the salesmen are polite.

Hopefully someone else will chime in with others.

Hawk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Grand Prairie
    Beretta Gallery - 41 Highland Park Village.

There's only six in the world - nice chance to find out what they're like. Lots of stuff besides guns, too. Not much chance for an XD-9 but it's still fun to check out.

Ray's on Singleton in Dallas - I think they're done demolishing the street but couldn't swear to it. Most of what I get there is used so can't say much about the pricing.

Longtooths

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Irving, Texas
    I recommend:

Bullet Trap, Inc.
    2608 Ave K.
    Plano, TX 75074
    (972) 881-0372

It is close to my work and I drop in to shoot quite often with people from work. Have bought a few pistols from them as well

Hookster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2008
    Plano, TX
    I recommend:

Bullet Trap, Inc.
    2608 Ave K.
    Plano, TX 75074
    (972) 881-0372

It is close to my work and I drop in to shoot quite often with people from work. Have bought a few pistols from them as well

I agree, I live near them and have shot there a few times. They have a big selection and the guys there have always been really friendly.

I also stopped in to Target Master for the first time yesterday in Garland. They seem to be renovating so it was a little cluttered, but the guys were polite to me and they had some nice guns too. I Haven't shot at their range, but I think I might. They have a 50yd range that will be perfect for my Camp 9, bullet trap is only 25yd.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Also try Ray's Sporting Goods and Hardware. Been around for about 40 years. Last time I was there a guy went in to buy some hunting pants and spent 8 grand on a shotgun. Didn't have enough left on his credit card for the pants.

Interesting shop.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    + 1 for the Bullet Trap

My wife and I are members of the Bullet Trap in Plano. We have bought three pistols from them, a MP 9 compact, a S.A. 1911 Micro Compact and a CZ 75B satin nickle (they ordered it for me). All three pistols were competitively priced. Nice people.

Top Bottom