• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Ok folks we have a match this month and it looks like Houston will be fielding a team as well.

Any of you that can't make the regular meet and want to shoot Bulls-Eye PM me and we will work out a time for you to shoot and get your target in to me.

For those that are shooting at the regular meet, lets do a internal shoot based on skill level. Everyone needs to chime in on ideas on how we can do this and do we want to add a little side wager or spoof????

Just something amongst ourselves to enjoy!
    I was thinks about maybe getting some small trophy's we could pass around to the winners each month - or something along those lines. Maybe take the winners pictures with their targets and have it framed for them - anyway just a thought!!!!

OK, chime in, be heard and most of all HAVE FUN!!!!!!

-Mo
    ARJ Defense ad

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    I'll throw my hat into the ring again. I may skip the 4th Sunday match at the DPC this time to make the DFW get together, not sure if I can baking my melon two weekends in a row like I did last month.

If not, I'd like to look into the shoot and drop off option.

Either way I need to get out and get familiar with my revovler again.

Robert

Rocket_Cowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Plano, TX
    I gotta miss this month. Big trip lined up for August which has all my funds zapped and weekends spent prepping. But I'll be back for some shooting so don't count me out for good!

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I gotta miss this month. Big trip lined up for August which has all my funds zapped and weekends spent prepping. But I'll be back for some shooting so don't count me out for good!

Yep that time of year when some lucky souls get to throw off the shackles of work and enjoy the fruit of their labors.

An then there are others that have been dragged kicking and gouging into the muck and mire of the Obamanation. :banghead:

Enjoy and hope to see you soon!!!!

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    We'll be there so count both Tim and me in. I can jump to a team spot and off alternate list if that helps make the team. Now I'm not quite certain everyone wants my shots to actually start counting, but at the very least, you got a pulse

As for an internal shoot system, how about first separate the shooters by anyone who's ever done a shooters qual in the military or LEO or a shooting instructor. Another could be anyone who competed in any official shooting comps. Then maybe those who have taken one or two extra CCW classes where shooting drills were performed. And maybe those who just done the CHL test and/or, range time only.

Of course, just ideas on how to go about categorizing, all or none can be used :)

I'm still secretly wanting a strict strong hand only shoot for one of these matches ;)

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    My suggestion for the internal shoot is, this first time we just shoot. No skill level brackets. Then based on the results, shooters could be grouped in skill levels for future matches if we have enough people participating. I also, for the internal shoots, I think we could drop the 3 yard (too easy) and the 25 yard (too difficult) and shoot only 7 and 15. This would even it up a bit between the skill levels, and be two less target changes, which as you know, at EF requires a full cease fire. Maybe shoot 10 rounds at each of the two distances. Down the line, as things progress, maybe we could have a special .22 segment for the ladies.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    OK folks I still have the last bulls-eye targets and score so we have a base to start from as far as skill levels.

Any new shooters can take a stab at what group they feel good at shooting in.

Yeah I agree we drop the 3yd & 25yd and use the 7yd and 15yd.

Shorts has a good idea so let me throw this out to think about - 10 shots any style at the 7yd & 15 yard. (two handed, strong hand how ever you want to shoot it)

Then 10 shots Strong hand only at the 7rd & 10yd.

Anyone who has a score under 175 and wants to improve their overall score can shoot an additional 10 rounds at 25yds., but can only score in the x -8 ring.

I like the strong hand only deal because in most self defense situations that's all you're gonna be using.

Whats y'all's thinking????

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    My suggestion for the internal shoot is, this first time we just shoot. No skill level brackets. Then based on the results, shooters could be grouped in skill levels for future matches if we have enough people participating. I also, for the internal shoots, I think we could drop the 3 yard (too easy) and the 25 yard (too difficult) and shoot only 7 and 15. This would even it up a bit between the skill levels, and be two less target changes, which as you know, at EF requires a full cease fire. Maybe shoot 10 rounds at each of the two distances. Down the line, as things progress, maybe we could have a special .22 segment for the ladies.

This idea does bring us immediately up to par and would a lot less confusing/work

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    and anyone who has shot at the shooters club on 28th st said:
    Ha, I shoot there quite often, as that's the closest range to where we live, and not to much $$. Me and the squeeze took our CHL there. Pretty dang hot with no AC during the summer though.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Yes, the folks there are really nice, and even though it's kind of in the hood, I've never felt uneasy there. I like it that all of the people that work there open carry. I like that hand canon you're looking at.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    HC where the hell were you???
    Now with that said, hope nothing came up that was bad or ugly, we just missed ya!!!!!

OK, scores being submitted for the July Bulls-Eye are as follows.

NavyGuy 195
    TheKINGof wiley 195
    TexasGolfer45 193
    Laneman 191

We did not have enough shooters for a 2nd team this month BECAUSE High_Cap was MIA!

I want to say that Shorts had the greatest improvement over last months score!!! Congrats!!!!

Everyone's scores have improved, even mine - LOL!!!!

Next month I promise I will hit in a scoring ring at 25 yards.
    I got range time planed already and that's all I am going to work on is 25 yards. It sucks being a "Ray Charles" stand in!

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Alan if your out there I don't see where any other cities shot the July match so does that mean DFW WON BY DEFAULT??????

Hmmmm, momma told me not to poke a bear with a short stick but
    Wheres the July scores?????
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!:p

Top Bottom