Texas SOT

CLOSED [DFW - McKinney] Springfield Armory 4-14x40mm Rifle Scope 223 Rangefinder - Make Offer

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdubecky

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 18, 2021
    McKinney, Texas
    Springfield Armory 4-14x40mm Rifle Scope 223 Rangefinder in great shape. Make offer to purchase or trade for ammo (5.56/.223, 9mm, 12 gauge, 380, .38/.357) or combination of cash/ammo.

Includes a really nice picatinny rail mount and end caps (not pictured). I will provide pictures if interested.
    Capitol Armory ad

Attachments

• Springfield Sight full length.JPG
      Springfield Sight full length.JPG
      45.4 KB · Views: 116
    • Springfield Sight Model Info.JPG
      Springfield Sight Model Info.JPG
      51.9 KB · Views: 119
    • Springfield Sight Reticle.JPG
      Springfield Sight Reticle.JPG
      35.8 KB · Views: 117
    Last edited:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Those are decent scopes especially for the money. I used to have one on a 308.

GLWS

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Thanks for the comment... It also has a really nice picatinny mount as well, which I would guess it would cost about $60-80 range.
    I had a 700 police topped with that scope in a different power range. It was capable of less than half inch groups at 100 yards. I cant shoot that good but I watched it done with my rifle a few times. One old guy shot some smaller groups a couple times.

I'm a .75 to 1.25 MOA on my best day. Probably not anymore.

Decent light transmission and repeatable regardless of how much I changed magnification or elevation and wind age. Always came back to zero.

What more can you ask? I wouldnt hesitate to buy another if I was looking for one.

A good deal is hard to pass up if you're looking for good glass, this is a good deal.

Again GLWS.

mdubecky

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 18, 2021
    McKinney, Texas
    Regarding your question of "Will that on stand up to a 7mag or 308", my suspicion is that it would; however, I'm admittedly not an expert. When you ask that, I assume that you are referring to the scope standing up to the recoil of those cartridges. While I don't have a picture of the mount, it is very robust with a wide split base. Of course, the reticle is set up for the holds/drops of the 223, which I assume would work fine for a 556, but probably not be accurate at longer distances for the 7mag and 308.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Those Springfield scopes were made in Japan by HAKKO and are very good quality scopes....

I have had one on my M1A (.308 version) for several years and it has been an excellent optic...

GLWS...............

Top Bottom