DFW Monthly Shoot Oct. 25th

Discussion in 'Dallas & Fort Worth' started by MadMo44Mag, Oct 2, 2009.

1. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Great shoot last month!!!!
    Lets shoot our own training style bulls-eye this month?
    5 rounds at the 2nd position strong handed, 5 rounds weak hand.Move the target to the 3rd position and shoot 5 rounds both hands and 5 rounds weak hand.
    I'd like to do some timed shooting if anyone has a stop watch???
    Anyway something to think about.
    Cya there!!!!:fighting0010::fighting0010::banger:

2. usmcpmi

usmcpmi Active Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Mad Mo, I had such a good time when I was up there with ya'll I am tempted to make the drive again.... but alas, I am scheduled to be in South Texas doing a little practial application of my rifle skills...if the deer will co-operate... should be putting meat in the freezer while ya'll are putting holes in the paper....See ya soon. MG

3. Army 1911

Army 1911 Well-Known

Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I don't have a stop watch but I have a watch that stopped! Your welcome to use it. As a Target.:texas:

4. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Can't say I don't blame ya for filling the freezer.:happy0001:
    I have been thinking about a Saturday shoot just for those that want to come.
    Shoot early in the AM and do lunch but have plenty of time and not have a rush to get back home.
    We sure enjoyed y'all coming up and maybe if there is enough interest in the above look at shooting up in Denton and then go over to the Ponder Steak House for lunch. Supper good food and well worth the drive.

5. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    This would not be a regular meet just a Saturday get together.
    I have not been to Q-creek in years. Has it gotten that bad????

6. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I used to go there now and again, but quit about 2-3 years ago. Yeah, they had gotten that bad.

Elm Fork the RO's are for the most part friendly and helpful, and they call cold range when the shooters need it. Not so the last time I was at QC. Asshats yell at people, berated them, call cold range when ever they choose, even while someone's in the middle of a magazine, then yell at people who are feverishly trying to unload and make their weapon safe, but maybe are not as fast as the RO likes. They just seemed to be on a power trip, and the type of walking around and talking we do as a group would not be welcome. It has been awhile since I've been there so maybe it has changed. I see they have done some remodeling.

7. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Maybe a couple of us need to make a trip and check it out.
    I know Winchester here in FW went through a time like that and now with the new management its very nice.

8. Darth_Dad

Darth_Dad New Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Alpine Range in Everman?

Mad Mo,

I haven't been to Elm Fork or Quail Creek so I may be making a poor suggestion.
    What are your thoughts on Alpine range in Everman? I prefer going there early Saturday mornings. It doesn't get busy until about 10. The ROs are real easy going. Shooters in each block of lanes usually call range hot/cold.
    Granted it is in the middle of nowhere so no restaurants real closeby to recommend for a gathering afterwards. Have to go back to I-20 or I-35W.

But it might be worth it for a one of with the guys from the south.

9. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Our monthly meets will stay at Elm Fork because it is central to everyone.
    This was a little impromptu get together outside our regular meet with going to a particular eatem up joint in Ponder TX.

As for Alpine I have shot there many times over the years but I will not shoot there again unless I have no other options. Because the RO's are laid back it is unsafe IMO.
    The last two times I was there I nearly got shot in the back - NO THANKS!!!!

10. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    We won't make it to this shoot. We're watching a friend get hitched and then we'll do some different shooting :happy0001: