• ...and so much more!
  • MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Great shoot last month!!!!
    Lets shoot our own training style bulls-eye this month?
    5 rounds at the 2nd position strong handed, 5 rounds weak hand.Move the target to the 3rd position and shoot 5 rounds both hands and 5 rounds weak hand.
    I'd like to do some timed shooting if anyone has a stop watch???
    Anyway something to think about.
    Cya there!!!!
    Texas SOT

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Mad Mo, I had such a good time when I was up there with ya'll I am tempted to make the drive again.... but alas, I am scheduled to be in South Texas doing a little practial application of my rifle skills...if the deer will co-operate... should be putting meat in the freezer while ya'll are putting holes in the paper....See ya soon. MG

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Mad Mo, I had such a good time when I was up there with ya'll I am tempted to make the drive again.... but alas, I am scheduled to be in South Texas doing a little practial application of my rifle skills...if the deer will co-operate... should be putting meat in the freezer while ya'll are putting holes in the paper....See ya soon. MG
    Can't say I don't blame ya for filling the freezer.
    I have been thinking about a Saturday shoot just for those that want to come.
    Shoot early in the AM and do lunch but have plenty of time and not have a rush to get back home.
    We sure enjoyed y'all coming up and maybe if there is enough interest in the above look at shooting up in Denton and then go over to the Ponder Steak House for lunch. Supper good food and well worth the drive.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    yeah but the closest range would majorly fail in comparison to elm fork....

quail creek, would not be a place i would want to have a TGT meet.
    This would not be a regular meet just a Saturday get together.
    I have not been to Q-creek in years. Has it gotten that bad????

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    This would not be a regular meet just a Saturday get together.
    I have not been to Q-creek in years. Has it gotten that bad????

I used to go there now and again, but quit about 2-3 years ago. Yeah, they had gotten that bad.

Elm Fork the RO's are for the most part friendly and helpful, and they call cold range when the shooters need it. Not so the last time I was at QC. Asshats yell at people, berated them, call cold range when ever they choose, even while someone's in the middle of a magazine, then yell at people who are feverishly trying to unload and make their weapon safe, but maybe are not as fast as the RO likes. They just seemed to be on a power trip, and the type of walking around and talking we do as a group would not be welcome. It has been awhile since I've been there so maybe it has changed. I see they have done some remodeling.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Maybe a couple of us need to make a trip and check it out.
    I know Winchester here in FW went through a time like that and now with the new management its very nice.

Darth_Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Alpine Range in Everman?

Mad Mo,

I haven't been to Elm Fork or Quail Creek so I may be making a poor suggestion.
    What are your thoughts on Alpine range in Everman? I prefer going there early Saturday mornings. It doesn't get busy until about 10. The ROs are real easy going. Shooters in each block of lanes usually call range hot/cold.
    Granted it is in the middle of nowhere so no restaurants real closeby to recommend for a gathering afterwards. Have to go back to I-20 or I-35W.

But it might be worth it for a one of with the guys from the south.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Mad Mo,

I haven't been to Elm Fork or Quail Creek so I may be making a poor suggestion.
    What are your thoughts on Alpine range in Everman? I prefer going there early Saturday mornings. It doesn't get busy until about 10. The ROs are real easy going. Shooters in each block of lanes usually call range hot/cold.
    Granted it is in the middle of nowhere so no restaurants real closeby to recommend for a gathering afterwards. Have to go back to I-20 or I-35W.

But it might be worth it for a one of with the guys from the south.

Our monthly meets will stay at Elm Fork because it is central to everyone.
    This was a little impromptu get together outside our regular meet with going to a particular eatem up joint in Ponder TX.

As for Alpine I have shot there many times over the years but I will not shoot there again unless I have no other options. Because the RO's are laid back it is unsafe IMO.
    The last two times I was there I nearly got shot in the back - NO THANKS!!!!

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    We won't make it to this shoot. We're watching a friend get hitched and then we'll do some different shooting

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    We won't make it to this shoot. We're watching a friend get hitched and then we'll do some different shooting

Your not coming to the Oct. 25th meet?!!!!!
    I ask because this thread got :sign0101:back a ways and got off topic but was in the neighborhood of the original topic - yes confusing isn't it????

Just wanting to be sure The SHORTS was going MIA again!:confused:

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I have sprinklers and I know how to use them!

Ohhhhhhhhhh no - sprinklers!!!!

I reiterate: "me and High_Cap are gonna come by and camp in the front yard and act like teenage kids!!!!!
    Let you imagination work on that for a while!!!!!"

Sprinklers!!

I see the heads coming off and condoms placed over the pipe ends and blasting them off into the neighbors yard like turbo charge water balloons!!!!
    Oh yeah and shoot then down in flight with a BB gun - oh yeah!!!!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

I can't wait for High_Cap to see this thread!!!!

He's a real devilish guy!!!!

Oh yeah I need to throw the :sign0101:card here!!!!
    Edit:
    Oooh,oooh maybe after we flood the street NavyGuy will come over and we sail boats in the gutter!

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    You guys are going to have to put on a good show to compete with the delinquent neighbors we have. I see a really good episode of COPs being produced from these shenanigans

Exile Machine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Dallas Texas
    I was out at Quail Creek a few weeks ago test firing a prototype AR-15 accessory I've developed and the staff were quite helpful and friendly. The RO even helped me sight in my AR-15 which I'd hadn't done yet. They also gave me some ideas for how to improve my product design. I incorporated their suggestions and am now going into production on the device.

So give Quail Creek another shot so to speak.

Quicksilver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Plano
    Hi guys Im new here. I might try and make it out to the shoot. Not 100% sure yet. What does range time usually run for you guys at the shoot? How long are you all there?
    Thanks
    Josh

riggergreg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Whitewright
    Hey Josh, Welcome to the TGT.

Usually, folks start showing up about 9 am. We shoot til we shoot up the ammo we brought, or get hungry or thirsty (about noon) and go have some lunch or a beer or two close by. Some leave early or stay later. The important thing is to show up and meet everyone. It's a pretty friendly group of folks. I've been to 2 monthly shoots so far, and they ain't run me off yet

Top Bottom