• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i think there are a few of us that are not willing to give up our faith and worship time on Sundays to go shooting......this isnt a dig at those who do - just keeping it light hearted

anyway - how much interest would there be in a monthly get together at Elm Fork on a Saturday?
    Capitol Armory ad

BestCrispAir

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Dallas
    As I mentioned on the other thread, I am a Jew, so Saturday is good for me. Lots of people worship, but not necessarily on Sunday.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    my apologies if i implied that people only worshipped on Sunday

wasn't my intent at all - there were just quite a few of us that DO worship on Sunday that would probably have interest in a group shoot on another day

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    my apologies if i implied that people only worshipped on Sunday

wasn't my intent at all - there were just quite a few of us that DO worship on Sunday that would probably have interest in a group shoot on another day

Speakin' fer mahself, ah wuz yankin' yer string. Ah understood yer intent - but was tryin' ta gently point out that because someone attends an event on a Sunday doesn't make 'em "non-believers". Lots of folks attend Christian/other faith services on other days during the week because of things they want/need to do on a Sunday.

FWIW, I *do* know what the inside of a church looks like, and am even recognized by the congregation......it's just that to me, faith is a personal thing and doesn't necessarily have anything to do with gun ownership.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    oh i realize - and i was simply borrowing what somebody else posted in that thread.....i wasnt the first one to mention the "heathen" thing.....a failed attempt to be funny - unless you have been in that thread and saw the posts there that i was referencing

poor choice of words on my part

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    oh i realize - and i was simply borrowing what somebody else posted in that thread.....i wasnt the first one to mention the "heathen" thing.....a failed attempt to be funny - unless you have been in that thread and saw the posts there that i was referencing

No worries, jk - I got the intent of humor. Others won't - but then again, they usually have their panties in a wad over sumthin' anyways!

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    I'm already enjoying my heathen shoot, but something like the 2nd Saturday of the month would work. You can't please everyone, but there is already one on sunday for those who have church, kids soccer, or whatever on Saturday.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I didn't intend anything by "Heathen Shoot" in the other thread. I was completely kidding and just poking fun at some of ya. If anyone was offended, well, Lighten up!

That said, I'd be down for a Saturday get together once a month JK. I see no harm in having more than one meetup per month. My thinking is that the more the community gets together in person the better off it will be.

I'm sure there's people who work weekends who wouldn't be able to make either day. They should all get together some weekday when they can too.

To quote Austin Powers, "It's freedom, man."

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    .....a failed attempt to be funny - unless you have been in that thread and saw the posts there that i was referencing

WRONG!!! I laughed hard just reading thread title ... but admit I was aware Mexican Hippie kicked the ball HARD to initiate it :-)

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    I didn't intend anything by "Heathen Shoot" in the other thread. I was completely kidding and just poking fun at some of ya. If anyone was offended, well, Lighten up!

That said, I'd be down for a Saturday get together once a month JK. I see no harm in having more than one meetup per month. My thinking is that the more the community gets together in person the better off it will be.

I'm sure there's people who work weekends who wouldn't be able to make either day. They should all get together some weekday when they can too.

To quote Austin Powers, "It's freedom, man."

1. i thought it was funny
    b. i will pray for you

SGTKeebler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Fort Worth, Tx
    some people need to take a step back from being so tightly wound and enjoy life.
    I would enjoy go out shooting on a saturday or sunday.
    And according to my grandma since I dont go to church every week I am a heathen. lol.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Ok. Heathens, atheists, pagans, norse, wickens, christians, jews, muslims, buddists, hindus, voodoo-ists, etc aside..... who'd be up for a Saturday DFW shoot once a month?

(If I forgot you on the list, see "etc", that includes you)

Added:
    (On a side note, I wonder if TGT could get its members free Ritalin under Obamacare?)

Top Bottom