• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Also look for a truck chained to an SUV........those will be MadMo's & USMCPMI's.......

On a serious note, we should be the only large group. We'll be on your right at the pistol bays as you drive to pay your range fees.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Also look for a truck chained to an SUV........those will be MadMo's & USMCPMI's.......

On a serious note, we should be the only large group. We'll be on your right at the pistol bays as you drive to pay your range fees.

And a leg attached the bedrail of a white truck

txgolfer45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Dallas
    I'll be there. Besides shooting pistols, I need to sight in an AR-15 with a red dot and a Ruger m77 MKII 30-06 rifle.

Any experience with Redhead scopes? I got the Ruger in a trade at the gun show today. If the Redhead scope is not worth sighting in, I may need to run to Bass Pro and buy something else.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I'll be there. Besides shooting pistols, I need to sight in an AR-15 with a red dot and a Ruger m77 MKII 30-06 rifle.

Any experience with Redhead scopes? I got the Ruger in a trade at the gun show today. If the Redhead scope is not worth sighting in, I may need to run to Bass Pro and buy something else.

I don't know much about the RedHead scopes except they are inexpensive. The Ruger is a pretty nice rifle, and you would probably want to replace the scope at some point.

Exile Machine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Dallas Texas
    I need to sight in my AR as well. It shoots low and to the left. I have the front sight tool. Hoping there's someone who's done that operation before...

Best way in from Flower Mound... 635 to Luna, then south on Luna? Google takes me to the park across the river. I know the weather's going to be nice but I don't much feel like a swim.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I need to sight in my AR as well. It shoots low and to the left. I have the front sight tool. Hoping there's someone who's done that operation before...

Best way in from Flower Mound... 635 to Luna, then south on Luna? Google takes me to the park across the river. I know the weather's going to be nice but I don't much feel like a swim.

Not sure if Luna goes all the way through from 635. Might, but don't know for sure. But, 635 to 35 south to Northwest Hwy, then about 2-3 miles west on NW Hwy will get you to Luna and the range is about 100 yards up Luna from NW Hwy.

Exile Machine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Dallas Texas
    Great meeting some of you today. I got a few photos, not as many as I'd have liked but I will be there next time too and get some more. Thanks to all who tried firing my crazy CA-compliant rifle and especially for your feedback on the product which is invaluable to me at this phase.
    -Mark
    aka lowracer

junkyguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    well i had a good time , elm fork is not what i expected , I most likely would not return to shoot there again the rifle range gaurd really steered me away from ever going back there with his ignorance and agumentitive attitude ,it was a good for him that i was in a good mood or else he might have had to beat my hand up with his nose ! what an arogant prick he was !

Exile Machine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Dallas Texas
    Wow I'm amazed, I had a quite different experience at the Tactial / Law Enforcement bay. Jeff, the range officer, was quite helpful and not having the gestapo attitude you sometimes get from range officers.

I was thinking on my way out that Elm Fork is going to be my new range...

Exile Machine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Dallas Texas
    OK I got photos and I may need help identifying some. I'd also like to post these on the CALGUNS.NET forums (faces covered for OPSEC). Let me know if you object to any of these... I'll post a link to the thread so if you want you can go write your comments about your experience with the CA-legal gun.

Thanks...
    -Mark

IMG_7076.JPG

Dday sending some lead downrange and some brass my way, California style. Can you just hear the Beach Boys singing in the background?

IMG_7089.JPG

DDay's son (heavy on the OPSEC since he's just a kid, should be OK but let me know if you want me to delete this one from the server), again some hot brass flying there.

IMG_7116.JPG

Love the flames shooting out of the muzzle brake on this one. Definitely not a flash hider (CA-Evil feature) there! Can't recall this guy's name, it was really noisy there. I've got to get some of those electronic ears. (I had 29dB earplugs under 31dB cans, couldn't hear ----!)

IMG_7124.JPG

This was the good range officer, Jeff. Yep that's flying brass and a smoking barrel.

IMG_7146.JPG

This was a random dude in the next bay, not affiliated with TGT, but maybe he'd like to join up. I'll send him an email. For these shots I was directly in the line of ejecting brass and got hit many times, but that's how you get the hot brass action shots.

Finally picked up my Monica Keuhn custom IWB holster for my Glock 21. Wow what a great holster, I'm amazed. The instructions said there'd be a break-in period but it felt comfortable from first wearing. I'll be ordering another non-IWB holster next.

dday

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    irving tx
    Cool pictures. Thanks for letting me and my son try your contraption out. You dont have to worry about covering our faces, its all cool.

D. Day

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I love seeing you guys and having our range days. The entire drive home I'm on cloud 9 and the rest of my Sunday is gorgeous.

Want to toss out a big thumbs up to Mrs Navyguy. She shot my Commander 45acp very well. Then she totally aced out some Shoot n C targets with Navyguy's .45. Nice work

A huge thank you to usmcpi for allowing me to shoot his M1 Carbine and .45acp AR. It was my first time shooting either of those fine rifles. I was in high heaven. I'm so glad to meet Mark. Let's keep having him up here for shoots And again, its no secret, I Love Marines! :p

lowracer, glad I could help with the holster :) I'll get the adjustment squared away for you as well.

To TexasRedneck, who wasn't there but provided me with ammo a little bit ago. I had a chance to run the WWB JHPs through the ol' girl and she ate them just fine. Thank you sir!

Also met DCortez and his family. Super bunch!

And to all you 'regulars', yall are great. I have so much fun seeing everyone. And lunch wraps the day up beautifully.

Merry Christmas to everyone and safe travels for you and family for holiday plans.

Top Bottom