• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AGreenSmudge

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    DFW
    Specifically wax slugs.

They look like cheap fun to me and I've got some ideas I think might help with their accuracy.

Just trying to find a place that might allow that sort of thing. I live near the airport so closer is better, but I'm willing to drive a fair distance if the price isn't too bad.

AGreenSmudge

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    DFW
    Huh, I figured the big one was pretty obvious.

DFW intl.

I'll assume you mean alpine as that seems to be the one everyone goes to around here.

I've never been, but how often people mention it make me wonder if it's not packed out the doors every weekend.

AGreenSmudge

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    DFW
    Dont know squat about alpine.

Alright I give up.

ear.gif

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    If I find the name of the one in Frisco I'll post it. There's also a new one in Lewisville that I just heard about at the gun show last weekend. It's supposed to be huge.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    elm fork....somebody is being cute for the sport of it - anybody that lives here knows "the airport" is likely to be DFW - and even if not - Love Field isnt THAT far from Elm Fork either

you could live by either one of "the airports" and Elm Fork still isnt that far of a drive

i've shot slugs out there before

AGreenSmudge

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    DFW
    elm fork....somebody is being cute for the sport of it - anybody that lives here knows "the airport" is likely to be DFW - and even if not - Love Field isnt THAT far from Elm Fork either

you could live by either one of "the airports" and Elm Fork still isnt that far of a drive

Good to know. Of the few places around here I've shot at, that is my prefered range.

I considered asking next time I head out there, but I've been laid up with a bad knee for a little over 2 months now.

What range did you shoot them on?

Do you think they'd care about "improvised slugs" or even notice?

Also for distance I'm willing to drive up to 20-30 miles if the price is right and it's not too crowded.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    there is a bay between the pistol and reactionary steel targets that they allow slugs on - i used it to break in a new shotgun for turkey season.....to be honest, i wasnt real crazy about the range - no distance of any kind to speak of

as for the improvised slugs - they werent paying much attention to me - so i'm not sure they'd notice

Elm Fork is crowded unless you're there on a week day

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

Depending on where one lives, the airport could be Love, DFW, Meacham, etc. There is a range close to Love. That's whay I asked.

AGreenSmudge

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    DFW
    Either way we know what I meant now.

Semantics are pointless, I'm just looking for info on ranges beyond elm fork and basspro.

The FAQ thread was a big help, but most of their websites don't go into their preferences on such things.

Top Bottom