• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Okay so it looks like the weekend of the Sept 20-21 seems like the most popular. So what about locations? As someone pointed out the best would be a place where we were confined to little booths like cows in the barn. Some suggestions so far have been:

The Adrenaline Proving Grounds
    The place along the river (need more info on it, i.e. private land, public range, or just a place folks get together to sling lead.
    One of the other local ranges where we could get a cluster of benches together.

I've only been to a few places up here Dallas, so you more established locals got some more ideas and preferences?

Malladus
    Lynx Defense

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Okay, seems like APG is moving to the forground as the favored location. Looks like if we wanted to rent a whole range we would have to choose a single one. Anyone want to take the lead on giving them the call and seeing what type of deals or arrangements we can make with them?

Here's the rate schedule from there website:

RANGE RENTAL FEES
    RANGE 1 (300 METER RANGE)
    AGENCY DAILY RATE - $150 PER DAY​
    CLUB DAILY RATE - $160 PER DAY​
    INDIVIDUAL OFFICER RATE - $12.00 PER DAY​
    INDIVIDUAL CIVILIAN RATE - $15.00 PER DAY​
    RANGE II (25 YARD RANGE)
    INDIVIDUAL OFFICER RATE - $12.00 PER DAY​
    INDIVIDUAL CIVILIAN RATE - $15.00 PER DAY​
    RANGE III
    (TACTICAL TRAINING ENVIRONMENT)
    INDIVIDUAL RATE (CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION)​

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Adrenaline Proving Grounds, LLC
    2131 Hwy 380
    Greenville, TX 75401

2131 Hwy 380 Greenville, TX 75401 - Google Maps

I'd like to point out that this map shows where the office is located, which is essentially a small free-standing building/garage on the South side of 380. The actual range is down one of the county roads closest to it......I think it is about half-way down CR-2146 (on the left side of the road...but you can't miss it once you get there). I seem to remember going to the office and NOT seeing a map to the actual range, and nobody was at the office.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Okay, just got off the phone with the guys out at APG. Said we could reserve range 3 (the tactical range the IDPA guys use) for the whole day to ourselves for $160. We can shoot rifle and pistol there. Would be jjust us and we would be our own RO's. And for those who wanted to they could wander over to range 1 for longer range stuff if they wanted.

So two new questions, Sat or Sun and do we want to reserve or just mix when we get there.

I vote Sunday, as if I don't have to work there is an indoor GSSF match at DFW Pistol range I want to hit on Saturday.

Malladus

Top Bottom