ARJ Defense ad

DFW Shooters, Where do you like to Shoot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    The Winchester gallery gun store is great. The guys working in there seem to really know their stuff, and are more than happy to help you with your gun buying decisions (without doing a hard sell)

The range itself we have started avoiding The guys working in there don't have the most pleasent personalities:)
    My wife was down there the other week and some guy got hit in the arm with a piece of shrapnel, was bleeding all over the place. The guy working the counter didn't give a crap.
    I understand they don't want to be seen to be accepting responsibility, but damn....show a bit of compassion!

I had the same opinion but once they get to know you and you them, they are some of the nicest guys you will ever meet.
    They deal with so many idiots everyday they just appear cold.
    I got hit there by a shooters gun that was shaving and gave me a nasty cut. Dave had the 1st aid kit out like I was one of the family.
    I'm in there 2 -4 times a month and you can tell the regular shooters because they are always glad to see ya and always take time to BS with you.
    DK Firearms

597newbie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Dallas Fort Worth Gun Range List (including 2 FMJ friendly outdoor ranges)

Hey guys and gals. I have lived in Dallas for the past 4 years and have been shooting at Target Masters in Garland. I really enjoy the place, even though it is a bit run down (they have been making improvements) the people their are great. I am about to move to the Mansfield/Grand Prairie area and with some searches and such I am thinking I will probably end up shooting at Alpine Range, I am planning to get out there in about three weeks.

So where do other DFWers like to shoot?

Dallas Fort Worth Gun Range List (including 2 FMJ friendly outdoor ranges)

[URL="http://www.geocities.com/gibsonoutpost/"][url]http://www.geocities.com/gibsonoutpost/[/URL][/URL]

Garland Gun Range is my hands down favorite but if I need to shoot magnetic surplus full metal jacket Gibson's Outpost in Mesquite (45 min drive for me) and Magnum in Sanger only places to go. Non magnetic full metal jacket allowed at indoor ranges.

curiosandrelics

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Houston
    Hi Guys,

traveling thru DFW soon, was wondering which outdoor range does not restrict on rapid succession of fire for either rifle or handgun. In other words, does not require 2 to 3 seconds between each shot.

Thanks for any help!

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    I've been out there twice with SIGForum shooters, but I don't like it much. The berm is way too small and there are houses down range past the berm. I just don't think it's safe to shoot there.

flashguy

Sorry to dig up an older thread but, yeah I drove by there a couple of weeks ago and thought, damn this is pretty much in the middle of a neighborhood. Didn't have a chance to stop and throw some boolets though. :(

What kind coin is it? I think I read somewhere that it was like six bucks an hour?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Mostly my backyard. But if not there, Tom Bean, The River Lease or just about anywhere else I do not have to deal with ignorant range Nazis.

Texasdave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    I like going to the Outback Sportsmans club in Cumby Texas. It is owned by a gunsmith and his son and usually there is no one there so you have the range to yourself. I can set up my reloading gear and work up loads with no hassels. He has a Chrono he will rent also.
    Dave

gringogigante

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    Richardson
    Do NOT go to the Bullet Trap

That place freakin sucks ass.

1. They will stop you several times per session because of some stupid ass "violation" or another. Usually its because they think you're shooting too fast. But I never shoot fast. They fail to realize everytime that there are many people shooting and the sounds overlap making it sound like people are shooting too fast.

2. Their range fees are $20! Can you freakin believe that? Their memberships (which get you a $10 range fee) are $110 per year! Garland range is a one time $10 membership fee with $10 range fees after that.

3. The place has little or no ventilation which is terrible for an indoor range.

4. Their gun and ammo prices are the highest in the Metroplex.

5. I'm a firearms instructor and have had students that want to go there because it's close to their work. I had one of their douche bag employees stop our lesson telling me that i couldn't teach this person who had paid their stupid $110 membership fee.

Stay away from The Bullet Trap. They don't give a crap about their customers. There are a half dozen places within several miles that actually care about their customers and make it affordable and safe to shoot there.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom