• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Removed

Aug 23, 2008
    Hi All,

I run the Dallas Target & Action Shooters group: Dallas Target & Action Shooters Meetup Group (Dallas, TX) - Meetup.com

We have 310 members and we're growing. We meet once a month at a local range on a Saturday morning. We also meet once a month on an evening after work in the Addison area for a social-type dinner to talk about shooting stuff over dinner.

We had 15 people at dinner-social last week, and 22 at our range day last Saturday (we rotate clubs and this one was held at Elm Fork) Click here for pics from our range day and comments from some of those that attended: Range visit to the OUTDOOR gun range! - Dallas Target & Action Shooters Meetup Group (Dallas, TX) - Meetup.com

My membership is a 50/50 split between men and women. They are all skill levels from the absolute beginner to LEO and military.

The only requirement is that my members treat everyone with respect and come with a casual, friendly attitude. There is no cost to be a member (I pay the $300/yr to run the site out of my own pocket). I hope you'll consider joining us!
    Lynx Defense

50calRay

Jun 17, 2008
    blah
    We also meet once a month on an evening after work in the Addison area for a social-type dinner to talk about shooting stuff over dinner.

A gun club that meets for dinner in Addison, you just can't beat that deal:cool: I love the food in Addison and it just right off the toll...this could be the main reason I have a toll tag? Anyhow, I would to join but I currently live 360 miles away. I'm in town a lot but usualy at random. We've been entertaing the idea of moving to Dallas for a very long time. I think this weekend we supposed to do some looking around in Frisco but not sure. This would put us closer to our ranch up north and me in a place where they have more than one car show a year, a gun club would be a nice bounus

Removed

Aug 23, 2008
    A gun club that meets for dinner in Addison, you just can't beat that deal:cool: I love the food in Addison and it just right off the toll...this could be the main reason I have a toll tag? Anyhow, I would to join but I currently live 360 miles away. I'm in town a lot but usualy at random. We've been entertaing the idea of moving to Dallas for a very long time. I think this weekend we supposed to do some looking around in Frisco but not sure. This would put us closer to our ranch up north and me in a place where they have more than one car show a year, a gun club would be a nice bounus

If you're in town during one of our meets, you're welcome to join us!

Removed

Aug 23, 2008
    Sounds like a lot of fun. I'll make the next one.

Great! Make sure you sign up on the Dallas Target & Action Shooters web site since event final details/any change in plans are automatically emailed to those that have RSVP'd 'yes' or 'maybe' on the DTAS web site.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for posting Shadowboxer! Man, unfortunately I'm in Austin as well. Eventually maybe Texas1911 and I can make it up there on a Saturday sometime.

Removed

Aug 23, 2008
    Anyone work in a gun shop in the D/FW area?

I have a flier for the group - if I could email it to you and maybe print some out and leave on the counter to help get the word out about us I would greatly appreciate it!

Removed

Aug 23, 2008
    Are you a kid friendly group? And if so what starting age?

Hi allforbirds - sorry about the delayed response. I was laid off from work a bit ago and have been heavily focused on trying to find a job.

Plus the group is really growing quite rapidly as we are now at 224 members and planning the events consumes quite a bit of my time.

We had a member who brought her 15 year old. That's really been our only experience with kids. Where it's not a question that has come up before, we haven't had a need for an age limit. How old is your kid?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom