DFW Weekend Trip

Big Green

Wife, kids, ARs, Glocks and Jeeps. What a life!
Mar 5, 2018
College Station
Gonna be in the area for the wife’s birthday and I’m trying to plan a fun weekend.

We’re already meeting some friends we haven’t seen in several years for a steak lunch on Saturday and then she picks dinner Saturday night. She’ll probably get some spa time on Friday morning. The band at Billy Bob’s Friday and Saturday night is terrible so we won’t be going there. Any other good places to go dancing?

How about a wine tasting or something similar? Any recommendations for stuff like that? We are without the kids for the whole weekend and I want to make this an awesome weekend.

TxBigfoot

Aug 10, 2011
Red Oak
Even though Billy Bob's is out, the Stockyards where it's located is still a cool place. Lots of shops that women like and good bbq there. We always eat at Coopers bbq. The Stockyard rodeo is going this weekend too.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2010
DFW
Cowboys Red River in Irving is a hot kicker dancing spot. Sambuca in Addison for salsa dancing, etc

Seafood - hard to beat Pappadoux

Steak - Perry's Steakhouse or Three Forks Both are top shelf prime places. Both of these places have wine events, so call them or check the website. I passed on a wine event at Capital Grill tonight. Another great place to eat.

Italian - Maggiano's

CyberWolf

TGT Supporter
Aug 22, 2018
US
Cowboys Red River in Irving is a hot kicker dancing spot. Sambuca in Addison for salsa dancing, etc

Seafood - hard to beat Pappadoux

Steak - Perry's Steakhouse or Three Forks Both are top shelf prime places. Both of these places have wine events, so call them or check the website. I passed on a wine event at Capital Grill tonight. Another great place to eat.

Italian - Maggiano's

Three Forks is fantastic, but if we're talking Steak - you may want to check out Chamberlains Steakhouse in Addison (few blocks up Beltline from DNT). Absolutely top-notch, and they have a Cigar room too!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
Sep 27, 2017
Boerne
…How about a wine tasting or something similar? Any recommendations for stuff like that? …
You might get some ideas from here:

Also, Grapevine Wine Tours is worth a look, but I don’t think their program will fit into your plans.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2010
DFW
Three Forks is fantastic, but if we're talking Steak - you may want to check out Chamberlains Steakhouse in Addison (few blocks up Beltline from DNT). Absolutely top-notch, and they have a Cigar room too!

You have obviously not had the bone in ribeye at Three Forks, served on the flaming chopping board. 2nd best steak I have ever had. Stopped smoking cigars many years ago.
The best steak I've had is at Dee Lincoln's Star Steakhouse in Frisco. LOVE that place. Reservations required.

CyberWolf

TGT Supporter
Aug 22, 2018
US
You have obviously not had the bone in ribeye at Three Forks, served on the flaming chopping board. 2nd best steak I have ever had. Stopped smoking cigars many years ago.
The best steak I've had is at Dee Lincoln's Star Steakhouse in Frisco. LOVE that place. Reservations required.

Holy crap!

You Sir, would be be correct in that first statement, but I had completely forgotten about Dee Lincoln's until you mentioned it! Absolutely agree with your call on that place! The crispy pork belly alone is worth the visit; go at the right time and the view is as good as the food! ;)

Katydid1984

Mar 30, 2021
Hunt County
The Reata in Fort Worth is really good too! My husband and I shared a buffalo ribeye steak, pork belly tacos, crab stuffed bacon wrapped jalapenos and ice cream tacos with a chocolate ginache for dessert. They have great wine too!
IMG_7578.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7567.jpg
    IMG_7567.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 12
Top Bottom