• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Gonna be in the area for the wife’s birthday and I’m trying to plan a fun weekend.

We’re already meeting some friends we haven’t seen in several years for a steak lunch on Saturday and then she picks dinner Saturday night. She’ll probably get some spa time on Friday morning. The band at Billy Bob’s Friday and Saturday night is terrible so we won’t be going there. Any other good places to go dancing?

How about a wine tasting or something similar? Any recommendations for stuff like that? We are without the kids for the whole weekend and I want to make this an awesome weekend.
    Hurley's Gold

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    Even though Billy Bob's is out, the Stockyards where it's located is still a cool place. Lots of shops that women like and good bbq there. We always eat at Coopers bbq. The Stockyard rodeo is going this weekend too.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Cowboys Red River in Irving is a hot kicker dancing spot. Sambuca in Addison for salsa dancing, etc

Seafood - hard to beat Pappadoux

Steak - Perry's Steakhouse or Three Forks Both are top shelf prime places. Both of these places have wine events, so call them or check the website. I passed on a wine event at Capital Grill tonight. Another great place to eat.

Italian - Maggiano's

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    Cowboys Red River in Irving is a hot kicker dancing spot. Sambuca in Addison for salsa dancing, etc

Seafood - hard to beat Pappadoux

Steak - Perry's Steakhouse or Three Forks Both are top shelf prime places. Both of these places have wine events, so call them or check the website. I passed on a wine event at Capital Grill tonight. Another great place to eat.

Italian - Maggiano's

Three Forks is fantastic, but if we're talking Steak - you may want to check out Chamberlains Steakhouse in Addison (few blocks up Beltline from DNT). Absolutely top-notch, and they have a Cigar room too!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …How about a wine tasting or something similar? Any recommendations for stuff like that? …
    You might get some ideas from here:

Also, Grapevine Wine Tours is worth a look, but I don’t think their program will fit into your plans.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Three Forks is fantastic, but if we're talking Steak - you may want to check out Chamberlains Steakhouse in Addison (few blocks up Beltline from DNT). Absolutely top-notch, and they have a Cigar room too!

You have obviously not had the bone in ribeye at Three Forks, served on the flaming chopping board. 2nd best steak I have ever had. Stopped smoking cigars many years ago.
    The best steak I've had is at Dee Lincoln's Star Steakhouse in Frisco. LOVE that place. Reservations required.

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    You have obviously not had the bone in ribeye at Three Forks, served on the flaming chopping board. 2nd best steak I have ever had. Stopped smoking cigars many years ago.
    The best steak I've had is at Dee Lincoln's Star Steakhouse in Frisco. LOVE that place. Reservations required.

Holy crap!

You Sir, would be be correct in that first statement, but I had completely forgotten about Dee Lincoln's until you mentioned it! Absolutely agree with your call on that place! The crispy pork belly alone is worth the visit; go at the right time and the view is as good as the food! ;)

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    The Reata in Fort Worth is really good too! My husband and I shared a buffalo ribeye steak, pork belly tacos, crab stuffed bacon wrapped jalapenos and ice cream tacos with a chocolate ginache for dessert. They have great wine too!
    IMG_7578.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7567.jpg
      IMG_7567.jpg
      95.4 KB · Views: 49

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Chef Point in Watuaga is really good, killer bloody mary, great food and wine as well

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Love and War in Plano used to have really good food and live music on the weekends. Haven't been in several years so YMMV.

It’s a good spot. I’ve seen some good concerts there. Bryan Burns, Max Stalling, Eleven Hundred Springs, Two Tons of Steel and bunches more.

Food is def good. And its 10 minutes from my house.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom