• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Y'all are both wrong. He was exactly in lockstep with "the party." Just ask the party elders, the Bush clan, Romney, McCain and the rest. He showed who he was and I'm glad he did. Thing is Trump has a habit of making people do that.

And not roll over and support the party at all costs, but the candidate against Hillary. You realize that was the other choice, right? Thing y'all don't understand is "the party"....which includes Cruz.....didn't want Trump to win in '16.

I suppose this is why Cruz's own party hates him excluding the freedom caucus. Those of us that didn't just wake up yesterday and start paying attention know that Cruz is one of the few outsiders that for the most part has kept his word. I guess you have have to pay attention prior to the election though.

"Just ask the party elders, the Bush clan, Romney, McCain and the rest"

Cruz, lockstep? What a joke, to put him in that bunch. None of them would be caught dead next to Cruz. Bush that goes out and tries to undermine Trump at every turn or McCain that help perpetuate the dossier? Seriously........lol.

This Trump?
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...nfiscation_guns_first_due_process_second.html

Funny how people get locked into one thing, at least Cruz has the Constitution in his hand. Just keep it in perspective, no one is perfect.
    DK Firearms

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    I suppose this is why Cruz's own party hates him excluding the freedom caucus. Those of us that didn't just wake up yesterday and start paying attention know that Cruz is one of the few outsiders that for the most part has kept his word. I guess you have have to pay attention prior to the election though.

"Just ask the party elders, the Bush clan, Romney, McCain and the rest"

Cruz, lockstep? What a joke, to put him in that bunch. None of them would be caught dead next to Cruz. Bush that goes out and tries to undermine Trump at every turn or McCain that help perpetuate the dossier? Seriously........lol.

This Trump?
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...nfiscation_guns_first_due_process_second.html

Funny how people get locked into one thing, at least Cruz has the Constitution in his hand. Just keep it in perspective, no one is perfect.

He didn't keep his word at the RNC after he raised his hand and promised in the first debate he'd support whoever the nominee was. And didn't say he was as bad as the Bushes or McCain, etc., but they were on the same side in not endorsing the GOP nominee. In fact his nonsupport was even more amplified than the others since he was the runner-up and able to speak at the convention. Of course he knew that going in, FWIW.

As stated I was a fan of his until that unfortunate revelation. I'll vote for him against whoever the next comeuppance is from the left like Robert Francis just like last time, but never again in a primary for his current office or higher. And I'm far from alone.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    He didn't keep his word at the RNC after he raised his hand and promised in the first debate he'd support whoever the nominee was. And didn't say he was as bad as the Bushes or McCain, etc., but they were on the same side in not endorsing the GOP nominee. In fact his nonsupport was even more amplified than the others since he was the runner-up and able to speak at the convention. Of course he knew that going in, FWIW.

As stated I was a fan of his until that unfortunate revelation. I'll vote for him against whoever the next comeuppance is from the left like Robert Francis just like last time, but never again in a primary for his current office or higher. And I'm far from alone.

I got you, that's where I see the problem in this country. So will you vote for Trump again if someone challenges him knowing he'll support an un-Constitutional gun confiscations? You see, this is a very revealing thing for me and I have to weigh all of my issues for each candidate. You will hold Cruz on something like that but you'll let Trump slide on a Constitutional issue like undue process regarding the 2nd? It just strikes me a bit weird, and that's where I get keeping it all in perspective and being consistent.
    But hey, that's your choice, I just find it odd on a gun site.

Trump also made a pledge to the NRA to support the 2nd Amendment, I suppose his version is different than Constitutionally written. I'm not trying to put him down, just pointing out the absurdity in a certain position....one is held responsible and one has a god like stance and forgiven among some.

Last edited:

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Don't put words in my mouth. I don't let anyone slide on anything and there's no perfect candidate ever....and I mean ever. I support Trump and think by and large he's been great, but didn't vote for him in the primary. But there were two choices in '16 and Cruz couldn't seem to figure out which one he wanted to endorse in front of the world and the convention of his own party introducing its own nominee against one of the most evil people US politics has ever seen. Revealing to say the least.

And Trump has done nothing on guns to that effect. I think what he was speaking of was taking guns out of the hands the mentally ill, but I could be wrong. I've had to do that personally within my own family and it sucked, but had to be done.

And yes, I'll vote for Trump again against Beto, Warren, Bernie or whoever else runs against him.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    President Trump's suggestion Wednesday that authorities take away people's guns and deal with legal justifications later has some gun rights advocates alarmed.

"You can quote me saying that Donald Trump has turned into the gun grabber in chief," said Gun Owners of America legislative counsel Michael Hammond. “He campaigned on the proposition of being the best friend to the Second Amendment and he’s turned out to be a bigger enemy of the Second Amendment than Barack Obama.”

Hammond said "we are outraged by everything he said" during a meeting at the White House, where Trump encouraged a bipartisan group of lawmakers to pass gun control legislation.

1.jpg

Hammond expressed dismay at Trump's apparent support for background check legislation drafted by Sens. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., and Pat Toomey, R-Pa., which he feels is too comprehensive, and Trump’s dismissal of a suggestion from House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, R-La., that Congress pass a law establishing reciprocity for state concealed carry licenses.

At the meeting, Trump suggested new background check rules, a focus on mental health, and raising the national age to 21 for buying AR-15-style rifles.

Trump said police who had contact with Nikolas Cruz, the alleged gunman who killed 17 people at a Florida high school this month, knew about his guns and "should have taken them away anyways whether they had the right or not.”

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      17.9 KB · Views: 303
    Last edited:

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    You can be alarmed that Trump....of all people.....is coming for your guns if you'd like. I'm not and will sleep just fine. I've seen his judicial picks. Have fun with that.

Good grief.....

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    You can be alarmed that Trump....of all people.....is coming for your guns if you'd like. I'm not and will sleep just fine. I've seen his judicial picks. Have fun with that.

Good grief.....

Oh, I have no doubt that his picks are brilliant. I won't lose sleep either, but at least I'm consistent.

I don't pick and choose what I want to hear...I take my BOR pretty serious.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Oh, I have no doubt that his picks are brilliant. I won't lose sleep either, but at least I'm consistent.

I don't pick and choose what I want to hear...I take my BOR pretty serious.

As do I. Not a ton of sense in arguing since I'm certain we're on the same side and have the same beliefs as most all of us do here. I just found Cruz's speech entirely disappointing regardless of the ugliness of the primary. And as I said, I'm not alone. I really thought he was the next one in line in eight years even though I'm not a fan of the lifelong politician of any ilk. Can't tell you how many have told me they're done with Cruz after that, many of whom were big supporters and voted for him in the primary.

Didn't need to be a cocksucking ringing endorsement and I totally get why it wasn't, but at least a tepid one given the opposition.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    As do I. Not a ton of sense in arguing since I'm certain we're on the same side and have the same beliefs as most all of us do here. I just found Cruz's speech entirely disappointing regardless of the ugliness of the primary. And as I said, I'm not alone. I really thought he was the next one in line in eight years even though I'm not a fan of the lifelong politician of any ilk. Can't tell you how many have told me they're done with Cruz after that, many of whom were big supporters and voted for him in the primary.

Didn't need to be a cocksucking ringing endorsement and I totally get why it wasn't, but at least a tepid one given the opposition.

I agree, I'm certain we agree on 99% of issues. When you hit below the belt, you can't expect someone to fall in line because they made an earlier promise.

If someone asks if you'll eat your Wheaties no matter what and then takes a shit in them, what do you do? His allegiance was to his family and voters. I sucked it up and knew that Trump was the right vote even though he had shitty tactics unseen before. I didn't hold a grudge for that. It's easy to sit back when it isn't your family being shit on, all bets are off when you cross that line....Ted never did get that shitty. Rubio tried but was a pathetic attempt. The fact is, that's Trump's style and Cruz recovered quickly.....much quicker than I would have. I give him credit for that, hell Lindsey Grahmnesty has even been impressive lately. Talk about surprises, he swallowed his pride and is on board.

Trump went after Ted's wife and dad which is below the belt. Cruz left with his manhood intact.

This will be my last to allow the topic to get back on track.

Last edited:

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    I agree, I'm certain we agree on 99% of issues. When you hit below the belt, you can't expect someone to fall in line because they made an earlier promise.

If someone asks if you'll eat your Wheaties no matter what and then takes a shit in them, what do you do? His allegiance was to his family and voters. I sucked it up and knew that Trump was the right vote even though he had shitty tactics unseen before. I didn't hold a grudge for that. It's easy to sit back when it isn't your family being shit on, all bets are off when you cross that line....Ted never did get that shitty. Rubio tried but was a pathetic attempt. The fact is, that's Trump's style and Cruz recovered quickly.....much quicker than I would have. I give him credit for that, hell Lindsey Grahmnesty has even been impressive lately. Talk about surprises, he swallowed his pride and is on board.

Trump went after Ted's wife and dad which is below the belt. Cruz left with his manhood intact.

This will be my last to allow the topic to get back on track.

Agree with everything you just said. Trump pisses me off too sometimes and I wonder why he says some of the things he says and didn't like him going after Cruz, but loved him going after the Bushes and their ilk. But he does it to everyone and when he does it to the left or the media, I think....shit, it's about time someone said that. At any rate, he got in the White House in spite of it or maybe because of it. Hard to tell :)

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    It is all part of the plan. DT is one guy that is stymied at every turn. Statists, to include both democrats and repubiclans are still in power in the govt. We have voter fraud, sanctuary states, doing away with the electoral college, investigation of POTUS, free healthcare, free college (no bribes needed), and now SS benefits to illegals. The left wants to win in 2020 and will do anything to upset our form of government. But I am the hateful racist nazi......

The border may collapse but what about all the illegals already here? The nation will collapse at some point and summer is around the corner.

Top Bottom