• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Diablo sport has been around for ages. I had one for my 2000 ford lightning and then had a dyno tune done and used the hand held to swap between tunes.

Also had one for my 2014 dodge challenger. Its a noticeable upgrade but not earth shattering.

They are also good fro pulling check engine light codes and clearing them.

The Speedo correction worked fine with my challenger.

The ones I have used all use the OBD2 port.

RedFalcon

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 8, 2016
    Have the original Diablo Trinity and it works just fine albeit slow compared to newer tuning systems I've messed around with

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Diablo sport has been around for ages. I had one for my 2000 ford lightning and then had a dyno tune done and used the hand held to swap between tunes.

What a great truck.
    I knew quite a few folks with them...I had to be different so I put a Procharger on my Expedition. Didn’t make much power though...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    It was that, always put a smile on your face and looked good doing it

What a great truck.
    I knew quite a few folks with them...I had to be different so I put a Procharger on my Expedition. Didn’t make much power though...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Just a word of warning. The Diablosport tuner will not work on a vehicle with an aftermarket stereo.

Returning it for a refund.

RedFalcon

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 8, 2016
    Sorry but that's false. I am currently using a diablosport Trinity on my truck and it has an aftermarket radio.

I'm not sure what issues you were having getting your time installed or why, but it's not because of the radio

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Sorry but that's false. I am currently using a diablosport Trinity on my truck and it has an aftermarket radio.

I'm not sure what issues you were having getting your time installed or why, but it's not because of the radio
    Sorry, but for the Predator 2 Platinum it is true of a majority of the aftermarket radios according to direct conversation with Diablosports. Two long conversations with Diablosports tech support, including walking through the actual process while on the phone led to Diablosports saying this was the case. They did say there might be an aftermarket stereo or two out there that might not be a problem, but most are. And they did not have any information as to the specific few that might work vs. the majority that would not.

They authorized return of the unit specifically for this reason. If my statement was false, Diablosport would have offered a solution rather than authorizing a return. Buyer beware.

RedFalcon

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 8, 2016
    They have multiple different tuning units. That's why I specified that I was using a Trinity specifically the original T1.

I did not realize that it was an issue with the Predator Platinum 2 in particular. I've also used the inTune I2 without issue

I just quickly looked at the blanket statement that they won't work in general with aftermarket radios

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    They have multiple different tuning units. That's why I specified that I was using a Trinity specifically the original T1.

I did not realize that it was an issue with the Predator Platinum 2 in particular. I've also used the inTune I2 without issue

I just quickly looked at the blanket statement that they won't work in general with aftermarket radios
    This thread was on the Predator 2, not the Trinity.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I have never ran into that problem

Sorry for your issues

at least we all get to learn a free lesson from you

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    something to try if its not to late

stolen from a web page

I absolutely had the same problem as you. I have a JVC head unit and could not load tunes either with my Intune. I emailed Diablo and they told me to disconnect the radio. WTF? PITA! So I pulled the fuses under the hood for the radio and amp. Problem solved. Replace fuses when you're done loading your tune. All will be good.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    something to try if its not to late

stolen from a web page

I absolutely had the same problem as you. I have a JVC head unit and could not load tunes either with my Intune. I emailed Diablo and they told me to disconnect the radio. WTF? PITA! So I pulled the fuses under the hood for the radio and amp. Problem solved. Replace fuses when you're done loading your tune. All will be good.
    While talking to Diablosport, I tried pulling about five fuses they said to pull (radio, radio amp, and several others they mentioned). Sadly, that didn't work either.

Would have been a good product if not for the aftermarket stereo.

Top Bottom