• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gotta be careful with some of them. Some places charge double because they don't get business! That's why a lot of people don't go to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our Gun Shop owners are LOCAL small business owners, and are very responsive to regular customers' needs. They provide services that NO "chain" can match. They back their products and services in PERSON. Very few will try to cheat a customer. You have your "free choice"; BUT, I choose to support them, because I want them to be there when I need them. Perhaps being 74 years old gives me a different perspective. leVieux

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I've had good and bad experiences with local gun stores. One wanted to sell me a Rock Island 1911 for $400 more than I bought it at Cabelas for. And I'd have had to wait six weeks for them to order it. On the other hand, another LGS (Gun Gear To Go in Plano) has consistently had good prices, good selection, and intelligent employees. I've bought a couple of guns from them.

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Our Gun Shop owners are LOCAL small business owners, and are very responsive to regular customers' needs. They provide services that NO "chain" can match. They back their products and services in PERSON. Very few will try to cheat a customer. You have your "free choice"; BUT, I choose to support them, because I want them to be there when I need them. Perhaps being 74 years old gives me a different perspective. leVieux

Don't get me wrong, I hate a lot of aspects of big box stores. I'm just not a fan of places that over charge in general, whether small or big.
    I have 3 pet peeves of big stores:
    1. When the gun counter dude is silently judging you like "there's no way this dude could afford this gun" It's so obvious when they do
    2. Used car salesmen gone cabelas employee. When they try to sell you a terrible used gun on the spot when you just picked it up. Gees leave me alone!
    3. Dicks sporting goods in general...nuff said
    Lol *deep exhale* JMTC

Amazi

I hate Sig Sauer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Minnesota
    Just a little bit of what they did

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180305-214505.png
      Screenshot_20180305-214505.png
      299 KB · Views: 286

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Just a little bit of what they did

HOLY SH*T wow
    About 4 years ago I won a $600 gift card to Ammo to Go.com for shooting a trophy boar hog. loaded up on ammo, ear pro and optics!

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    A new place in Midland, Ally Outdoors, just opened and seeing their sign stating that they would match any competitors, I just may have to make them my go to gun store.

Fosty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Austin
    After Sandy Hook, they priced AR and Mini-14 mags at $90 each, briefly stopped selling AR's (including canceling orders that were in process, if I recall), then re-introduced them at greatly inflated prices, and priced their .223 and 5.56 ammo astronomically high...counting on scarcity caused by panic buying to move their stock at ridiculous prices.

Wow, cheaper than dirt my ass.

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    A new place in Midland, Ally Outdoors, just opened and seeing their sign stating that they would match any competitors, I just may have to make them my go to gun store.

That's a decent drive from Houston...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    After Sandy Hook, they priced AR and Mini-14 mags at $90 each, briefly stopped selling AR's (including canceling orders that were in process, if I recall), then re-introduced them at greatly inflated prices, and priced their .223 and 5.56 ammo astronomically high...counting on scarcity caused by panic buying to move their stock at ridiculous prices.
    They also made a blog post supporting the universal background checks bill that was floated at the time.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Thats because Academy is transgender they Use to be Dicks

Meanwhile, I bought a G26 at Academy in Waco yesterday. Still had AR's for sale and plenty of accessories.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Meanwhile, I bought a G26 at Academy in Waco yesterday. Still had AR's for sale and plenty of accessories.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I was at Grab-A-Gun's storefront yesterday morning. More people than usual picking up stuff but the door to the back room was open. The sign on the wall said "local pickup" and I could see well over 150 rifle boxes leaning against the wall though I couldn't see the entire room. All the ones I did see had pretty AR pictures on the boxes.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I was at Grab-A-Gun's storefront yesterday morning. More people than usual picking up stuff but the door to the back room was open. The sign on the wall said "local pickup" and I could see well over 150 rifle boxes leaning against the wall though I couldn't see the entire room. All the ones I did see had pretty AR pictures on the boxes.
    OMG! More scary rifles roaming the streets!

Top Bottom