• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    So the stock price is down. Big deal. Stock prices often change on perception and not reality. There are businesses that turn fine profits despite having poorly performing stocks.

Cabela's sales and profits hit some major obstacles in 2017 due to slumping gun sales, then got bought out by Bass Pro

icecoldbeer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Took my 10yo son to go get football cleats yesterday. He wanted to go to Dick’s. I said ok. I then told him that Dicks isn’t selling AR15’s to people anymore. He asked why. I said they blame that gun for killing people. Hey said, dad my AR15 never killed anyone and asked if any of my AR’s ever killed anyone. I said no. Then he asked how can a gun kill anyone by itself? He gets it! I said they don’t. It’s the people using them. He thought about it for a minute and asked if Academy still sold AR’s. I said yes. Then he said, ok let’s go to Academy instead. So we did!

kirk10100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    Used to shop there a lot for their baseball stuff. After their stance I cancelled my rewards card and will never set foot there again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    So the stock price is down. Big deal. Stock prices often change on perception and not reality. There are businesses that turn fine profits despite having poorly performing stocks.

Cabela's sales and profits hit some major obstacles in 2017 due to slumping gun sales, then got bought out by Bass Pro

It is why the stock price is down, by Dick's own admissions.

NavyVet1959

Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    Some idiot management type thought that they don't sell many "assault rifles" or any rifles to anyone under 21, so it would have minimal affect on their business. He probably even convinced himself that it was somehow a "socially responsible" thing to do and people might actually appreciate it enough to give them more business. He didn't think that there would be folks like some of us who would not be affected by their decision, but would still find it so offensive that they would refuse to shop there because of that decision. Yeah, he got some free publicity out of it, but I really don't think it was *good* publicity -- at least not with respect to their normal customer base.

Top Bottom