• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Heinz Bar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Spring Branch
    I know, Dicks is a dirty word to some and I myself haven't' stepped foot in that store since then but I was in need of a Buckmaster BDC scope by Tuesday and Bass Pro was out, Academy doesn't have them, and online would take too long. I went in there as an afterthought as I was leaving the parking lot heading to Gander Mtn. Low and behold they had the scope, and it was miss marked an extra $50 off! Boom! It's mine. Then I spy sale signs. $20 off guns $399 or less, $50 off $699-399, and $100 off $999, or something like that. Got a Ruger 10/22 in digcammo for $259 and some ammo for it and my new 30.06 (hence the scope). Christmas presents for the boy, done.

mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    I don't give most businesses a really hard time if they do something stupid in response to the Bradys, et al. It's when a biz decides to push for new restrictions that I refuse to deal with them (e.g. Bill Ruger).

Sounds like you got a nice deal there. I too have had good luck getting scopes from them.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    mehh. Dicks had the 10/22 for $189 last year on BF (before they decided to screw people) and with the new walmart SA discount going around hard to get excited about an anti 2A company. No tough feelings, just me 2 cents. Anyone need a scope at a good deal, hit someone on this board up .. (plus TX tax)

Heinz Bar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Spring Branch
    I had heard that Walmart has 10/22s for $179 but the one I went to didn't have any and really didn't want to drive around San Antonio all day looking. I did talk to the manager who did the transfer and walked me out. He agreed about the knee jerk response and said their sales were down this year. He also said they can sell guns and ammo so cheaply because they are such a small part of their business. He said there is no margin in guns.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    I had heard that Walmart has 10/22s for $179 but the one I went to didn't have any and really didn't want to drive around San Antonio all day looking. I did talk to the manager who did the transfer and walked me out. He agreed about the knee jerk response and said their sales were down this year. He also said they can sell guns and ammo so cheaply because they are such a small part of their business. He said there is no margin in guns.

TRUE DIS "there is no margin in guns." for those looking for most ANYTHING firearms sporting goods related. lucky to make 5% after routine expenses (credit card fees, etc) on most items. Then pay taxes to feds, state, state tax. Hard to make a living on 5%. Might as well get a min wage job for $15 an hour in sealltle WA lmfao.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Guess I missed the Memo Re Dicks.

Don't have any near where I live in the boondocks.

But on a road trip up I-35 in October, I stopped for gas at Buccees in NBTX. Saw the Dick's sign & took a look around and got hammered by their "proud" prices. On the way out, I saw some Blue Boxes sitting on the customer service counter. They kinda looked like CCI .22 LR bricks.

I told the clerk I could not see what he had on the shelf. "Oh, that's CCI Standard Velocity. No one wants it." How much, I asked?

"39.99 + tax."

How many can I have?

"One."

O.K. Gimme one!

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I haven't stepped one foot in a Dick's Sporting Goods store since they gave the second Amendment the finger and screwed everyone who had guns on order, along with their suppliers.

They could be giving guns away and I'd have to pass. My soul is worth more than that.

mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Guess we better cross colt, smith wesson, ruger, nra off the list too.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Guess we better cross colt, smith wesson, ruger, nra off the list too.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

You can do whatever you want. Your life, your rules.

I just do things a bit differently. There are plenty of vendors out there and plenty of manufacturers out there. I won't support businesses or individuals who piss me off and I'm free to pick and chose who those are. My life, my rules.

mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Oh sure, it's not just Colt, Ruger, NRA, SW, Arsenal-Las Vegas who did work for the Devil...

Reagan dicked us, too:

Mulford Act (CA): illegalized open carry of loaded firearms

FOPA: We get only pre-May MGs

Blowing off Dicks is your choice, but it's not a stance that will have any lasting ramifications.

To win, we have to cobble together alliances with those whose complete ideological portfolio is not identical to ours. Like our forefathers against the Brits, we have to improvise or we're done.

Top Bottom