• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

870tact

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2008
    Boo NewJersey
    On Friday April 18 I received my longarms license from the state of NJ. The following day, symbolically on the 19th I went down to the local Dicks Sporting Goods in Mt Laurel N.J.and bought a Mossberg 535 Turkey pumper in realtree camo. Yesterday the 30th, I get a call from same Dicks Sporting Goods that I made an error on my 4473 form by checking yes in the boxing about domestic violence charge in the past(which was NO) and must return to the store and forfeit the gun for a refund.
    This sounded a little strange so I asked if I could just come in and fill out another form with the correction and everything would be cool. Manager says no I must come in and get refund with no future chance of purchase. So I went there again Friday I asked if I could see the form for myself that I had actually made a mistake and was told no. I then left in a huff and said you can have the gun back when you show me the mistake. She mentioned the ATF and I said call them and tell them to contact me. Im waiting for a call or a dynamic entry as they call it. Who is right in this case? DTNWO
    Venture Surplus ad

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    This is the wrong place for legal advise. :)

Besides, this being a Texas site, we're all scratching our heads as to why you had to do anything but write the check, sign the credit card receipt or count out the cash before loading it up and hanging it in the gun rack in your truck to head home.

It also seems strange that a Federal Agency (BATF) would be involved in something that is a local/state law. Think they were just trying to scare you because they screwed up and let you walk out with it? I'm betting they have more to worry about than you do.

Then again, here, we only need money to buy long guns.

God Bless Texas.

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    870tact,
    That is a strange first post. Most of our Texas members say hello on their first post. That resembles a type of post that a troll might make. I hope that you are not trying to cause us grief. If the story is true, then welcome to the forum and hope your troubles are resolved legally. If not, ......

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom