Capitol Armory ad

Did Texas Get Rid of Night Speed Limits?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    I noticed some speed limit changes lately. First was the US83/84 Loop in Abilene got bumped from 60 to 70. After a week of doing my normal speed to work but no longer exceeding the limit, I noticed there was no night time limit posted. SWEET! But surely, they still exist elsewhere, right? On Sunday, I drove to San Antonio for TDY, and kept getting paranoid because I thought I was missing all the night limit signs. Last time I made that trip, I got pulled over in Brady for doing 73 in a [night time] 65 zone. I didn't see a single night limit sign in 4 hours and 250mi of US Highway, Interstate, and whatever other roads I drove on. I'm assuming this is state-wide?
    Venture Surplus ad

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    From what I understand, the "night" posting is irrelevant even if the sign is still up.

Oh, and for what it's worth, they are still up all over Tarrant and Wise counties.

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    After the Abilene loop got rebuilt, I never went 60mph. Still dont when I go visit family. Lubbock's loop got bumped up from 60 to 65, but not the south side of it. I guess because its the busiest part and morons wont get out of the right lane to let people on to the loop so idiot after idiot wreck. I wish there was an IQ test when getting your license in Texas.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Incorrect. Until they take the sign down it still applies.

Not to be argumentative, but if the law changed to make them irrelevant then why?
    Also, my neighbor is a trooper and when I asked him about enforcement he said they've been told they no longer apply.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    Dont the night limits only apply to Commercial vehicles? Thats what i was taught growing up anyway.
    That's not what the friendly officer just north of Brady told me a few years back. Prior to that, I don't know. I didn't grow up in Texas, just got here as fast as I could. We didn't have night limits on the East Coast, but we also had very few roads above 55.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    When I was growing up in South Carolina, we had night limits posted on the Interstates with reflectors that showed the lower limit when illuminated by headlights. Somebody had a brother in the reflective paint business, I reckon.

In Texas, 'they' said lots of money would be saved by NOT fabbing and installing 'truck limit' and 'night limit' signs. Wonder what it's costing to REMOVE the superfluous and extraneous signage. ??? $$$

Speaking of speed limit INCREASES, we now have some 75mph limits on the toll roads in north Austin...pretty cool.

And by the bye, Texas is the only state where I've noticed signs that state it is a state law that you must obey signs!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Not all 'night' signs are gone out here in the woods, but they are now on the endangered list.

Top Bottom