Did You Get Your Biden Letter? Or, Why Prices Aren't Coming Down Anytime Soon.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
Forum Sponsor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nov 3, 2014
San Antonio
We got ours. Came in an IRS envelope, from the White House, signed by POTUS. I expected a Crayon signature but they got it in black ink.

It's all about the new child tax credit. $250 to $300 per kid per month.

Apparently these jerks don't think my family works. We won't get a dime. Well, except for the bill.

Say hello to $7 milk and $4/lbs for onions. Wisdom teeth & dental implants ain't getting any cheaper, either.

At least this will get us one step closer to a complete collapse & the ability to start over. Kinda like Cuba in 1958-59.

Damn.

Sasquatch

Well-Known
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Apr 20, 2020
Magnolia
And they keep talking about a *4th* round of currency devaluing "stimulus" checks... **** it, why not give everyone $10k, or 20, or 30, or how about we just give *everyone* $100,000 each. I mean, those in the first week of payments could pay off a car, maybe buy a house. By week two, everything is going to quadruple in price, so they better save back $30k for groceries.

Axxe55

MIA-BOLO.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 15, 2019
Texas
I'd be curious to know some figures on this. Those who are receiving the child credits, I wonder just how many of those are also receiving welfare benefits, food stamps, housing and utility assistance as well?

CyberWolf

TGT Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aug 22, 2018
US
And they keep talking about a *4th* round of currency devaluing "stimulus" checks... **** it, why not give everyone $10k, or 20, or 30, or how about we just give *everyone* $100,000 each. I mean, those in the first week of payments could pay off a car, maybe buy a house. By week two, everything is going to quadruple in price, so they better save back $30k for groceries.
One problem I can think of that'll rear it's head PFQ is that some people aren't getting any of that shit...except the bill, as previously mentioned.

Sasquatch

Well-Known
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Apr 20, 2020
Magnolia
I'd be curious to know some figures on this. Those who are receiving the child credits, I wonder just how many of those are also receiving welfare benefits, food stamps, housing and utility assistance as well?

A lot of people qual for the CTC who are way above welfare-recipient range. My wife and I qualify for it. Single people earning $75k qualify. Couples double that. The shenanigans they did with the CTC this year, you can earn upto a quarter mil and still get a partial CTC payment. We're getting $250 Big Daddy Biden Bux per month thru December.

If the CTC has to be a thing, it should be income capped at 30k single/60k for a couple. They're "giving" you $3,000 per kid under 17 years of age. Its entirely possible for those who have weak pullout game, or wish to field their own sportsball team with their own DNA to get far, far, far, far, far more back in one year via CTC than they'd pay into the system in a decade.

Sasquatch

Well-Known
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Apr 20, 2020
Magnolia
One problem I can think of that'll rear it's head PFQ is that some people aren't getting any of that shit...except the bill, as previously mentioned.

Oh, most certainly. That's why I want to see them do it. Give everyone stupid amount of money - because at least you can wipe your ass with dollar bills when you have trash bags full of them. Toilet paper got damn scarce in 2020 for a while. They're pushing us into an economic collapse, I just don't want to see that drawn out over a long, painful period. Crash this shit so we can go through the collapse more quickly, and get down to rebuilding. I don't think even Donald Trump's economic policies could stave off another depression at this point. Our national debt is stupidly high, and they're spending money that my grand kids will be paying off.

TheDan

4th Best Member
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Nov 11, 2008
Austin - Rockdale
I mean, those in the first week of payments could pay off a car...
That's when the real fun starts. People who's income has inflated are going to be paying off debt while people who's income hasn't will be defaulting on it. Velocity is going to drop to zero. The whole "debt is money" farce they've been perpetuating for 100 years is coming to an end.

Axxe55

MIA-BOLO.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 15, 2019
Texas
A lot of people qual for the CTC who are way above welfare-recipient range. My wife and I qualify for it. Single people earning $75k qualify. Couples double that. The shenanigans they did with the CTC this year, you can earn upto a quarter mil and still get a partial CTC payment. We're getting $250 Big Daddy Biden Bux per month thru December.

If the CTC has to be a thing, it should be income capped at 30k single/60k for a couple. They're "giving" you $3,000 per kid under 17 years of age. Its entirely possible for those who have weak pullout game, or wish to field their own sportsball team with their own DNA to get far, far, far, far, far more back in one year via CTC than they'd pay into the system in a decade.

I was asking more out of curiosity since I never had kids and never received such benefits.

Still sounds bogus though. A person single earning $75K a year needs a child credit? How were people supporting and taking care of their children before these child credits became a thing?

Products discussed on TGT

Top Bottom